G2X TAKE: Looking to leverage the experience and insight recently transitioned and retired Navy Medicine CIO William Walders has gained over the course of his career, to include having served as CIO of various military hospitals, including Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, VMware has added this Healthcare IT leader to drive strategy and help Federal Healthcare Executives navigate the historic Federal digital Healthcare transformation taking place.
Prior roles include:
- Chief of Data Platforms and Services – Defense Health Agency
- Chief Information Officer – Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Deputy Chief of Staff & Regional CIO – Navy Medicine National Capital Area, U.S. Navy
- Deputy Chief of Service Design and Test Labs – Military Health System Cyberinfrastructure Service MCiS/TMA
- The recent hire by this global technology firm that provides cloud computing and platform virtualization solutions is just the latest in a string of moves that includes adding veteran Federal Health Growth Leader Rob Sherry this time last year, and Dave Lessa and Francisco Rubio-Bertrand earlier this year to support VA and DHA growth respectively.
- VA only recently awarded a $112M contract for VMware Software and Support Services.