G2X TAKE: Visual Connections, a fast growing HUBZone Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) IT services and solutions provider with expertise in program and portfolio management, data analytics, and medical coding and record review, was just awarded a 5-year contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Work is to support Center for Program Integrity and OIT efforts to prevent improper payment and program integrity on Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug (MA/Medicare Part C and Part D), Marketplace and Medicaid Managed care programs by leveraging statistical, artificial and business intelligence, and medical record review technology solutions.
- Led by CEO Frederick Deese and COO Sharon Downey, Visual Connections is a known incumbent on this effort, having been awarded a $29M PADOS task in support of CMS this time two years ago. More here.
- A focus for the PADOS contract will be to provide technical, statistical, analytical and administrative support to the Center for Program Integrity (CPI) and the Office of Information Technology/Program Management and National Standards Group (OIT/PMNSG) within the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for the design, development, administration, daily maintenance and implementation of enhancements for technology solutions, predictive data models, statistical models, pilot modeling, program optimization, project management and assurance activities. Focus areas include but are not limited to Information Technology (IT) development, project coordination and support, audit, data optimization and compliance reviews, Risk Adjustment Data Validation (RADV), Private Plan program integrity, and other assurance activities. In addition, development and maintenance of an audit and appeals record tracking solution and maintenance of the Private Plan Team Project Management Tool (PMT), audit finding validations, and support for pilot program integrity initiatives are required.
- This award adds to several wins the Visual Connections team has picked up of late in support of CMS. This includes a Prime award on a $49M CMS Project Management BPA in early 2020, and several awards of late with their Joint Venture Visual Axis in support of CMS Retrospective ACA Eligibility & Enrollment Program Integrity, and Medical Record Review Contractor (MRRC) support activities.
- Late last year it was announced that Deep Labs and Visual Connections were partnering on an AI Project that helps CMS more effectively identify and prevent fraud & abuse. More here.
- Earlier this year Visual Connections was noted as one of the rising Federal Health companies recognized by Inc. for Astounding Growth and this summer they were named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.