“Guidehouse, a portfolio company of Veritas Capital and leading provider of strategic advisory and technology services to the commercial and public sector markets with strong expertise in the highly regulated industries of healthcare, financial services, energy & infrastructure, national security, and aerospace & defense, today announced it entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Dovel Technologies (“Dovel”), a portfolio company of Macquarie Capital. Financial terms were not disclosed.”
“Dovel adds proven and market leading domain expertise in Health, Human Services, and Public Safety with leading-edge technologies in advanced data analytics and artificial intelligence, enterprise digital modernization and system integration, and cloud adoption and infrastructure optimization to complement Guidehouse’s service offerings, particularly in the Health, National Security, and Energy, Sustainability & Infrastructure sectors. Guidehouse is excited to welcome Dovel’s talented management team and employee base of over 1,800 individuals to pursue the opportunities ahead as part of a combined enterprise that is expected to generate over $2 billion in annual revenue. The closing of this transaction, subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions, is expected to occur in the fourth quarter of this year.”
“The acquisition of Dovel is a strategic step in our journey to create the next generation global consultancy,” said Scott McIntyre, Chief Executive Officer of Guidehouse. “Dovel is an exceptionally strong solutions provider with significant experience in supporting agency missions to improve public health, strengthen research and IT capabilities, and optimize operational outcomes. With complementary strengths in Guidehouse’s focus areas, together we will be well positioned to continue delivering innovative solutions to tackle some of the most complex challenges facing government and commercial clients, while building resilience into important missions and services. Bringing together best-in-class portfolios, highly talented teams, and technology-first business models—we look forward to the merger and the journey to come.”
“Damon Griggs, Chief Executive Officer of Dovel said, “We are excited by the opportunity to join the Guidehouse platform given our complementary capabilities and strategically correlated missions to improve, protect, and save lives. Together, Dovel and Guidehouse will create a powerful, technology-driven organization, characterized by deep industry expertise and leading technical know-how. Our companies are aligned with similar cultures and strong core values. Through the integration of our two firms, our employees will experience an innovative and collaborative environment with expanded growth opportunities, while our combined clients will access a wider array of expertise, tools, and technologies to support their most important initiatives. We look forward to this new chapter together.”
“Guidehouse and Dovel are both leaders in their markets today, and this combination will further expand and differentiate the offerings of each business across the public and private sector. We look forward to the next chapter of growth at Guidehouse as the company continues to scale and bring deep expertise and diverse capabilities to its client base,” said Ramzi Musallam, CEO and Managing Partner of Veritas Capital.”
“In addition to its ownership interest, Macquarie Capital acted as financial advisor to Dovel. Houlihan Lokey also acted as financial advisor and Cooley LLP served as legal counsel to Dovel.”
Source: Veritas Capital-backed Guidehouse to Acquire Dovel Technologies, September 8, 2021. Guidehouse.
G2X TAKE: This leading provider of strategic advisory and technology services with strong expertise in highly regulated industries to include Healthcare, has agreed to acquire this CIO-SP3 SB Prime with domain expertise in Health, Human Services, and Public Safety with leading-edge technologies in advanced data analytics and artificial intelligence, enterprise digital modernization and system integration, and cloud adoption and infrastructure optimization.
- Guidehouse is a strong partner across the Federal health space with recent wins to include a $21M HHS IHS UFMS PRISM Support Services contract; securing a Prime spot on the $133M FDA Business Transformation Team Support BPA; expanding their Fraud Prevention Services work with VA OFM; picking up a Prime award on the CMS Enterprise Operations Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA); winning an NIH Mission Alignment IT Support BPA and $40M Defense Health Agency Health Care Innovation Support BPA; adding a $100M+ FDA Integrated, Budget, Acquisition, and Planning Systems BPA win; adding a Prime role on the HHS Intelligence Automation/Artificial Intelligence (IAAI) IDIQ; and securing a string of wins in 2020 across the CDC. More here.
- Earlier this summer Guidehouse and RELI Group formed Joint Venture FedInnov8 Consulting. Eligible for SBA 8(a) and HUBZone contracts, FedInnov8 supports government agencies across healthcare, national security, defense, and financial services, offering a range of services including strategic planning, human capital transformation, cybersecurity, digital transformation, and program management. More here.
- Recently Guidehouse and Reefpoint announced a joint venture, Taurian Consulting LLC, to focus on driving healthcare innovation and transformation for defense, federal and commercial health markets. More here.
- This podcast with Harry Greenspun, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Partner at Guidehouse discusses industry trends and what strategies businesses should look to embrace as Government moves forward with Healthcare missions, including digital health; the strong getting stronger; risk and vulnerability in the virtual world. Listen here.
- Dovel and its subsidiaries share in their own set of significant wins across the Federal health sector in recent months to include MSC/Dovel adding $240M+ in new NIH wins to close FY 2020.
- MSC, a Dovel company, was also named earlier this year as an awardee on the $3.6B NIH Scientific, Operations, and Administrative Resources (SOAR) IDIQ.
- Dovel was noted earlier this summer as a 2021 Top Workplaces in the Washington Area and they were recently noted as being among the Rising Federal Civilian Companies Recognized by Inc. for Astounding Growth. More here.
- Dovel Technologies and Guidehouse were named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.