G2X TAKE: Building on prior experience Oddball has gained in support of Veterans Affairs’ efforts to develop the public-facing VA.gov and increase the services it offers, this SDVOSB and boutique design and development agency, just beat out 6 others to be awarded this 3-year contract to provide support to the OI&T Digital Service at VA in the operation, administration, and evolution of the VSP. The contract was awarded using IT-70 and competed as an SDVOSB set-aside.
Activities supported under this effort led by Oddball are expected to include providing VA with iterations of Agile software delivery, to include product and delivery management, systems architecture, software development, user research, user experience strategy, information architecture, interaction, and visual design, static and dynamic content management, content writing, DevOps, data analytics and platform operation and management.
- Details about the two RFIs released late last year related to Veteran Facing Service Applications can be found here
- Led by CEO Travis Sorensen and Vice President Jonah Czerwinski, a former Director at the VA Center for Innovation, Oddball has “worked with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs over the past year to develop the public-facing va.gov and increase the services it offers.” Source: Oddball
- The company recently recruited Greg Summer to be “COO of a rapidly growing SDVOSB company focusing on DevOps services to the federal government” with primary customers that include VA and at CMS in support of Healhcare.gov.
- The company’s VP of Business Development Deon McCormick, is also listed as API Partnerships Director for the Lighthouse API program at the Department of Veterans Affairs, while Michael Bastos is noted as being contracted out as Veterans Administration API Engineering Team Lead responsible for ensuring that the Benefits Team helps support Veteran and API consumer needs.
- This is the first Federal Prime contract award we can find for Oddball at VA or anywhere else.