G2X TAKE: Booz Allen Hamilton, a global technology and management consulting firm who serves as one of the primary business and technology partners to the Department of Veterans Affairs, just beat out one other bidder to be awarded a new 5-year task to provide the Office of Information Security (OIS) with technical support services to include development, maintenance and reporting of applicable information security compliance and associated vulnerability data as well as associated software and hardware asset management data.
This data supports VA Cybersecurity Operation Center (CSOC) Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Program, VA OCS Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Program, the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program, and many functions within VA’s Information Technology Operations and Services (ITOPS). This task was competed using VA T4NG. A copy of an early RFI and draft PWS can be found here.
Led by Partner and Senior Vice President, Charles De Sanno, a former SES at VA who ran engineering and operations for the last ten years of his career there and actually created OIT through the reorganization of IT in 2006, Booz Allen continues to have an astounding amount of success at VA, with this recent action just the latest in a series of notable wins to include:
- a $1B IT Operations and Services (ITOPS) Transformation Support Task award
- a $45M VA Mobile Applications Cloud Migration contract
- a $45M Veterans Experience Office Support BPA award
- a $45M VA Financial Services Center Data Analysis and BI task award
- a $32.5M VA OI&T Support Services task award
- a $410M VA Benefits Integration Platform (BIP) Support task award
- and a $750M Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) PMO Support Task award
Whatever this team is doing is working as they have clearly gained the trust of VA leadership.
Booz Allen was noted as one of the Federal Health consulting firms creating a BUZZ earlier this year.
The award ID for this action is 36C10B19N10070016.