G2X TAKE: Beating out six other bidders, global consulting and advisory services firm Deloitte has just been awarded a new 4-year contract to assist Veterans Affairs in their efforts to establish and operate the SCC to provide program integrated oversight and management of the entire IT lifecycle (from inception to decommissioning), to increase reuse, reduce duplication, and advance achievement of strategic goals and objectives. The contract was competed and awarded using GSA IT-70.
- A copy of an RFI released late last year for OIT IT Program Integration (ITPI) Support Services can be found here.
- Deloitte continues to be a major partner to the VA. Some recent significant examples include the addition of a $16M MSPO Assistance and Support Services contract; and picking up key Prime wins on the $900M VA Veterans Intake, Conversion and Communication Services (VICCS) IDIQ; and a 6-year $207M contract to support ongoing financial business transformation efforts.
- The last couple of years have seen Deloitte add senior Federal Health talent to the team, to include the recent addition of former VA Deputy Assistant Secretary for Planning and Performance Management John Basso; Maria-Paz Barrientos as a Managing Director for Federal Health; Patrick Littlefield, a recent Executive Director for the Veterans Affairs Center for Innovation (VACI); Mark Ediger, Former US Air Force Surgeon General; and established VA Growth leader Todd Van Haaren.
- With a broad set of expertise and Prime access to dozens of key contract vehicles, Deloitte remains one of the primary players in the Federal Health sector, and they were recently named one of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- Deloitte announced late last year that they had partnered with AWS to Address Healthcare Data Challenges.