G2X TAKE: Veterans Affairs recently awarded this 5-year task to Leidos for maintenance and support of the VistA Blood Establishment Computer Software (VBECS) and system interfaces to ensure these applications, which help automate the daily activities of a hospital transfusion service, continue to support clinicians in delivering patient care, laboratory staff in providing safe blood transfusions, and support reporting requirements.
Activities under this task are expected to include continued software support, testing, quality system support for the VistA Blood Establishment Computer Software (VBECS) 1.0 systems and all VBECS 2.0 systems. This contract was awarded using the VA T4NG IDIQ. There were no other bidders. A copy of an RFI with related SOW can be found here.
- Looking to leverage the experience Leidos has gained as the Prime contractor on the DoD’s enterprise EHR modernization effort, Cerner recently identified Leidos as one of the key partners who will be leading the $10B VA EHR Modernization initiative.
- Jason Albanese was recently named the Leidos Health Group’s Senior Vice President of Business Development.
- Leidos currently has a job posting for a Growth & Strategy VP for Military and Veterans Health Solutions.
- The company ranked ninth on the annual Healthcare Informatics 100 list. The feature is a compilation of the top 100 companies with the highest revenues derived from healthcare IT products and services earned in the U.S. based on revenue information from the previous year.
- This work builds on a prior contract Leidos won in 2015 for VA Blood Bank Maintenance Program support .