G2X TAKE: Global technology and management consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton, who serves as one of the primary business and technology partners to the Department of Veterans Affairs, just beat out 5 other bidders to be awarded a 5-year task to support the Benefits Integrated Delivery initiative. This task was competed and awarded using the VA T4NG IDIQ.
- The documents from an RFI posted in early 2021 detailing this requirement to support the Benefits Integration Platform (BIP), a center piece for the Benefits Integration (BI) initiative, which strives to reduce the VBA and NCA technology footprint through the expansion and reuse of Veterans Benefits Management System (VBMS) technology solutions, can be found here.
- This news comes on the heels of a recent big announcement that Booz Allen Hamilton had entered into an agreement to Acquire T4NG Prime Liberty IT Solutions, a leading digital partner and another major VA partner focused on driving transformation across the Federal IT ecosystem, and employing approximately 600 solution architects, engineers, and other technical staff. More here.
- Led by Senior Vice President, Charles De Sanno, a former SES at VA who ran engineering and operations for the last ten years of his career there and actually created OIT through the reorganization of IT in 2006, Booz Allen continues to have astounding success at VA to include winning a recent 5-year VA Identity and Access Management Security (IAMS) Support task; a $92M VA Logistics Redesign (VALOR) Program Support Services contract; a $77M ITWD Support task; a $53M OIS Assessment and Authorization and Compliance Support task; and a $1B IT Operations and Services (ITOPS) Transformation Support Task.
- Continuing to add perspective and talent, Booz Allen recently recruited VA IT Leader DJ Kachman to be Senior Lead Engineer.
- Booz Allen Hamilton was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come and this US Veterans Magazine Article recently identified Booz Allen Hamilton as one of the Companies Who Love To Hire Veterans.