“The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awards Sparksoft Corporation and Skyward IT Solutions Contractor Team Arrangement (CTA) a prime contract to provide Medicare Integrated Systems Testing (MIST) for the Fee-for-Service (FFS) ecosystem consisting of Fiscal Intermediary Shared System (FISS), Multi-Carrier System (MCS), Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and Common Working File (CWF), as well as the Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center (BCRC)/Medicare Secondary Payer Systems Contractor (MSPSC) Coordination of Benefits Agreement (COBA) systems process, and the Medicare Payment System Modernization (MPSM) initiative. The key objectives for MIST are to:
- Shift testing left to become faster and increasingly integrated, incorporating modern tools and methods with greater insight from Medicare claims processing business experience and operating within both the traditional CMS Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) and the Agile framework
- Host the various legacy Mainframe and modern Cloud test environments
- Expand test automation tooling and test cases
- Support the MPSM transition from legacy Mainframe and Cobol solution to a modern Microservices Architecture in the AWS Cloud”
“We are honored and humbled that the government continues to trust us with support on some of the most mission-critical public health programs.” Said Sparksoft’s President Ms. Siva Sivaraman. Sparksoft’s CEO, Mr. Mike Finkel stated that “CMS is in the early stages of performing an open heart surgery on the 40 year old complex Medicare claims payment systems with 16 million lines of COBOL and Assembly programs on the Mainframe. As we now embark on this long journey with CMS, we take our responsibility very seriously to support a scalable and flexible solution for how CMS processes claims and pays providers for years to come.”
“Given Skyward’s proven approach to innovating the current automation processes on MPSM, it is our obligation and privilege to continue seeking out holistic synergies, efficiencies , and technical breakthroughs for CMS at an enterprise-scale.” Said Skyward’s CEO, Mr. Dmitry Yun.”
“This award builds on Sparksoft’s highly successful prime work for CMS Office of Information Technology (OIT), Applications Management Group (AMG) with the HIPAA Eligibility Transaction System (HETS) modernization as the HETS Independent Testing Contractor (HITC), as well as center-wide Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) support at the CMS Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI).”
G2X TAKE: This CTA that brings together Sparksoft, a woman-owned HUBZone 8(a) small business and Digital Services Provider and Skyward IT Solutions, an 8(a) small business and Agile IT consultancy, both of whom are significant existing partners to CMS, has just been awarded a strategic contract to provide Medicare Integrated Systems Testing for the Fee-for-Service (FFS) ecosystem.
- This is just the latest in series of significant wins for Sparksoft in support of CMS, to include a $100M Data Services HUB (DSH) task they added in early 2020 and as a known team member on the recent $100M CMS Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS) 2.0 support task award.
- While a relative newcomer to the Federal Health sector prior to their CMS SPARC win, Sparksoft, led by President Siva Sivaraman, burst onto the scene in 2016 adding several CMS industry veterans, to include longtime industry leader Michael Finkel as Chief Executive Officer; and Venky Natarajan as its Chief Operating Officer. The team also recently added CMS Industry Veterans Adam John as CISO and recruited Gary Rubalsky to serve as EVP.
- Sparksoft has launched a series of Innovation Centers, SparkLabs, designed to support and improve their services, to include a SaaS virtual that creates a “sandbox” for developers to test in and an update to the DevOps concept where they adopt an Agile approach and use testing to bridge the gap between development and operations. More here.
- Led by CEO, Dmitry Yun, Skyward IT has been quietly building out their footprint in support of CMS, to include adding a CMS Comprehensive Acquisition Lifecycle Modernization (CALM) Help Desk Support task win this past Spring; an award to support Medicare Payment Systems Modernization Integration Testing; and a Prime QPP Integration Testing contract Skyward IT Solutions added as an 8(a) sole source action in late 2017.
- Skyward IT and Sparksoft were both recently named among the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.