G2X TAKE: Physician Leader, Shane McNamee will bring a history of success in Health IT software development across national Healthcare delivery organizations, to include direct experience as Clinical lead for the Enterprise Health Management Platform (eHMP) effort to modernize the VA electronic health record (VISTA), and as VHA business lead for the development and deployment of The Joint Legacy Viewer (JLV), to his new role as CMIO for longtime VA partner and T4NG Prime, Perspecta.
Prior roles include:
- Chief Medical Officer – mdlogix
- Director of Development – VA
- Clinical Informaticist, Health Solutions Management – VA
- This hire comes weeks after news that Perspecta added a $155M 5-year task order win at VA related to continued maintenance and support of VA’s Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA).
- This is just a continuation of a hiring spree for Perspecta as they have added several key Federal Health growth leaders of late, to include recently recruiting 2019 FedHealthIT100 Honoree Mike Vogel to support their Veterans Affairs Portfolio; VA strategy and growth leader and former VA IT leader, Brian Morgan, to serve as a Chief Technologist supporting Veterans Affairs & Defense Health activities; and 2019 FedHealthIT100 Honoree Todd Pantezzi as a VP leading Federal Health Growth efforts across DHA, VA, and HHS.
- Recently named as one of the Federal Health consulting firms creating a BUZZ, Perspecta, a new Federal Health behemoth formed as a result of a 2018 merger of DXC Public Sector (former EDS/HP Enterprise), Vencore (to include Vencore Labs, also formerly known as Bell Labs), and KeyPoint, brings a rich heritage of supporting the Federal Health sector.