“Peraton, a Veritas Capital portfolio company, has acquired the as-a-service (aaS) business of ViON Corporation, enhancing its offerings in the design, delivery and governance of critical IT infrastructure for its government customers. The carve-out acquisition of the cloud business and its employees cements Peraton’s market-leading position as a mission-capable integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider.”
“The agreement adds key leaders, cleared employees, and contracts across the U.S. Department of Defense, civilian agencies, and state governments. These customers reflect the strong demand for IT infrastructure as a service to enable greater storage, computing and network capacity. These capabilities allow government customers to focus on providing core services that meet their mission instead of owning and managing IT.”
“ViON’s aaS business leads the industry in providing an on-prem, cloud-like experience with a platform that enables scale and governance,” said Tom Frana, Chairman and CEO of ViON. “With its existing solutions and presence in the government market, Peraton is well positioned to capitalize on this while ViON will focus on growing its analytics and artificial intelligence solutions business.”
“ViON pioneered the delivery of the first aaS cloud solution to the federal government and has built a strong business on that foundation,” said Stu Shea, Peraton’s chairman, president, and CEO. “With these additional capabilities, along with new employees who share our values and customers’ missions, we will solve the biggest challenges facing government and we’ll do it in a way that makes the best use of their resources.”
“Peraton has successfully executed several important growth initiatives over the past year – both organically and through strategic acquisitions – consistent with our approach to transforming leading government technology companies to better serve the complex needs of their customers,” said Ramzi Musallam, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Partner of Veritas. “With an industry-leading technology solution in infrastructure as-a-service and exceptional team, the addition of ViON’s aaS business enhances Peraton’s position as a top-tier, next-generation technology provider to the public sector.”
Source: Peraton, a Veritas Capital Portfolio Company, Acquires the As-a-Service Solutions Segment of ViON Corporation
G2X TAKE: This integrator and enterprise IT provider has acquired the as-a-service (aaS) business of this cloud service provider with over 38 years of experience designing and delivering enterprise data center solutions to Government agencies and commercial businesses, enhancing its offerings in the design, delivery and governance of critical IT infrastructure for its Government customers.
- This is just the latest move this year by Peraton, who just months ago completed its $7.1 billion acquisition of federal IT contractor Perspecta, and finalized a $3.4 Billion acquisition of Northrop’s integrated mission support and IT solutions business unit. The combined Peraton/Northrop/Perspecta entity is clearly positioned as a true Federal IT consulting firm powerhouse and quite possibly the largest Federal Information Technology contractor, according to Bloomberg. More here.
- Peraton has been winning big across the Federal health landscape over the past few months to include adding a $130 Million Contract to Accelerate DOD Benefit Determination and Delivery through a contract award to support the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC); $128M in Population Health Surveillance IT, Data Modernization, Data Use Cluster tasks with CDC; and a recent $500M VA Infrastructure as a Managed Service (IaaMS) support contract.
- Clear Vantage Point Solutions (CVPS) an All Small Mentor-Protégé Joint Venture (JV) between PingWind, Inc., an SDVO and HUBZone small business JV IT, management consulting and supply chain services provider and Peraton Corporation also added a Prime role this summer on the $22.3B VA T4NG Contract.
- The Peraton leadership team includes Tarik Reyes, President of Global Health and Financial Solutions, and Ramzi Nassib, Vice President, Business Development. The company has also been strengthening its team in recent months to include the appointment of Rebecca McHale as Chief Information Officer.
- Peraton also announced this year that it had opened a dedicated Pega Center of Excellence (COE) to ensure technology best practices are continually implemented. Peraton will leverage its new COE to transform citizen services at civilian agencies. More on that here.
- Peraton was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come and they were among the Federal Civilian and Federal Health leaders noted as 2021 Top Workplaces in the Washington Area.
- ViON’s recent wins across the healthcare space include an NIH NLM win for Cloudian IT Server Storage; an HHS HRSA NetApp Hardware Refresh; and ITSO AHB Hitachi Data Systems Maintenance win with the CDC.
- ViON recently announced it had promoted Rob Davies to Chief Operations Officer & David Kushner to Senior Vice President of Sales. More on that here.