G2X TAKE: Only a few months removed from picking up $55B in new Community Care Network contracts at VA, this large player who has experience partnering with DoD, HHS and Veterans Affairs to tackle some of the biggest challenges in Healthcare, has added Wilson Ariza, a leader who brings a track record that includes management of multiple multi-billion Healthcare services at DoD and VA. Wilson will serve as a VP supporting the Veteran & Military Health business.
Prior roles include:
- Vice President, Health Information Management – Leidos
- National Associate Director for Simulation-based Medical Training, National Simulation Center – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Executive Director, Medical Simulation Program – U.S. ARMY, PEO STRI
- Chief, Readiness Branch/ Chief Information Office, U.S. Army Office of The Surgeon General – US Army
- Led by CEO and former Army Surgeon General, Patty Horoho, this is just the latest in a string of big hires by this team in the past year or so, to include adding experienced growth executives, Theresa Holder and Karoom Brown.
- Optum is part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, bringing with that a set of past performance and expertise in the delivery of enterprise clinical and IT solutions across the Federal and commercial sector that few can match.
- In addition to the broad set of past performance Optum has in support of VA, to include providing a range of services and solutions to groups such as VA’s Center for Innovation; supporting medical disability exams to Veterans in 42 states and 20 VISNs; and their experience supporting the UnitedHealthcare TRICARE program, Optum made big news in 2017, as it was announced they had picked up a $200M contract to operate the Military Health System’s (MHS) worldwide Nurse Advice Line, serving more than 9 million military service members, retirees, and their families.