“The NIEHS Office of Scientific Computing (OSC) is tasked with commissioning Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) for some of these cores. To this effect, NIEHS is seeking information from industry concerning a LIMS software solution to streamline these services, provide traceability and transparency, enhance the communication or results and other data, and monitor performance and costs. Overall, the NIEHS OSC envisions a LIMS environment which preferably meets each of these high‐level criteria:
- A solution based on a commercial or open source software package which is configurable to quickly meet a variety of needs which are unique, complex, dynamic, and often unexpected or novel and do so in a timely and economical manner.
- A solution that can integrate with Microsoft Active Directory for user identity.
- A solution that is hosted on‐premise (preferred) or, is FedRamp approved or is a candidate for approval.
- A solution that is not a custom programmed software solution, but instead can be configured into customized workflow templates suitable for many of our workflows.
- A solution that has some tools that enable instrument integration without programming or scripting.
- A solution that is Section 508 compliant.”