“Octo, the premier pure-play IT modernization provider for the Federal Government, announced today that it has acquired privately held, Herndon-based B3 Group, Inc. (B3), which provides enterprise-level application modernization leveraging low-code/no-code software and platforms such as Salesforce, Microsoft Power Platform, Pega, and ServiceNow; large-scale data governance, integration and analytics; and cloud engineering and operations to federal healthcare customers.”
“B3 has 13 years of experience partnering with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to improve patient experience and health outcomes for veterans. This acquisition expands Octo’s current federal health footprint from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Defense Health Agency (DHA) to include the VA, and bolsters Octo’s position as a major IT modernization services provider to these major federal health customers. The addition of B3’s marquee programs, including the $686 million Digital Transformation Center (DTC) contract, expands the technical modernization expertise Octo provides at scale to its existing federal civilian, homeland security, defense, and intelligence customers.”
“Both B3 and Octo have a history of driving innovation on behalf of their customers. B3’s Digital Transformation and Modernization (DTM) lab will augment Octo’s recently expanded oLabs™ environment. Housed in a 14,000 square foot facility in Reston, Virginia, oLabs is one of the largest D.C. metro area centers dedicated to Federal Government R&D, containing more than 15 petaflops of AI computer power and two petabytes of FlashBlade storage available to existing customers – and now the VA – to power emerging technology research and product development to improve mission effectiveness.”
“We are ecstatic B3 is joining the Octo family,” said Octo CEO, Mehul Sanghani. “Octo’s differentiation lies in its ability to provide pure-play modernization capabilities and proven past performance at a scale and breadth that is unmatched. The addition of B3 further expands that differentiation, adding proven digital transformation capabilities with low-code/no-code technologies, more than 350 highly certified professionals, and over $1 billion of proven task order past performance delivering digital transformation solutions in key markets. These capabilities and proven performance combined with Octo’s highly certified personnel and innovative product suites, will enable current and future federal customers to better serve citizens, active-duty military, and veterans. Now with even deeper experience across the health space added to our defense, intelligence, national security, and civilian customer base, Octo has greatly enhanced its position to serve as the Federal Government’s complete, end-to-end digital modernization partner.”
“Joining Octo allows us to enhance our offerings to our customers through a more robust set of solutions and provide greater career opportunities to our employees,” said B3 CEO, Dwight Hunt. “As B3 and Octo began to collaborate, we collectively realized that our commitment to improving digital services to the VA and the broader federal health community will turbocharge the solutions we deliver to our nation’s veterans and those that support them. Our corporate philosophies and values strongly align, which makes us even more excited to join forces with Octo and create a new vision for the future.”
“Octo’s General Manager of Federal Health, Charlie McQuillan, said, “The addition of B3’s low-code/no-code solutions and talented employee base expands Octo’s ability to deliver effective and efficient health solutions. In turn, Octo’s robust technical staff and offerings will enhance services available to B3’s customer base, including the VA. We look forward to working as a unified team, bringing the best of modernization to the Federal Government.”
“Michael Lustbader, a Managing Partner of Arlington Capital Partners, said, “B3 adds differentiated capabilities in low-code/no-code software development to the suite of Octo’s solutions. We look forward to serving the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, bringing these expanded capabilities to our existing customers, partnering with B3’s management, and investing behind their modernization growth vectors.”
“B3’s leadership will remain with the company and expand Octo’s Health business to drive continued growth and customer success…”
Source: Octo Acquires Digital Transformation Leader B3 Group, January 5, 2022. Octo Consulting.
G2X TAKE: This premier pure-play IT modernization provider for the Federal Government, experienced in supporting HHS and DHA, announced it has acquired this provider of large-scale data governance, integration and analytics, and cloud engineering and operations to Federal Healthcare customers, expanding its reach with the benefit of 13 years of experience partnering with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
This post by Dev Nathan Kalyan shares some insight on the acquisition, pointing to an article that discusses Octo’s vision for IT Modernization “at scale” and how the combined forces of the 2 organizations will accelerate #innovation and drive this transformation in service of the mission. More here.
- This is just the latest strategic acquisition for Octo who closed 2020 with the news it was to merge with Sevatec, expanding Federal capabilities and solutions, and the news this Fall that Octo and Tyto Athene had formed a Joint Venture with capabilities that span from network modernization to converting data into actionable intelligence at the application layer.
- Some of the Octo team’s recent wins include a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Agile Coaching contract and a contract to Support FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products Programs.
- Led by CEO Mehul Sanghani and 2020 FedHealthIT100 honoree Jay Shah, COO, Octo was recently named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- B3 Group lays claim to extensive experience and relationships with VA with some of the team’s recent past performance to include a $13M VA Informatics and Computing Infrastructure (VINCI) support task; a $16M VA Safety and Workers’ Compensation Information Management System task; a $9.4M Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW) Support task; and a $15M VA Acquisition Academy PMO Support task.
- Just last month we noted that B3 Group had added Chief Growth Officer, Dr. Dev Kalyan to be responsible for all aspects of business development and long-term growth strategy across the company’s portfolio.
- Led by President and CEO Dwight Hunt and Managing Principal and Founder Brad Palmer, B3 Group was identified on the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come; was among the Fed Civ & Health firms noted as the most innovative technology companies in the region; and was recently noted among the Federal Civilian and Federal Health leaders noted as 2021 Top Workplaces in the Washington Area.
- Last Fall the VA Digital Transformation Center (DTC) Project, supported by B3 Group, was named among the FedHealthIT 2020 Disruptive Tech Award Winners.
- We should also note that the B3 team figures prominently in this year’s FedHealthIT100 honorees with Dwight Hunt among the 2022 FedHealthIT Hall of Fame inductees and VP, Professional Services Brent Stockman; Matthew Garvey, Executive Vice President, Emerging Markets; and Dev Kalyan all making the list of 2022 FedHealthIT100 honorees.