G2X TAKE: Northrop Grumman, a global technology consultancy who can lay claim to a 20-year history of helping the CDC respond quickly and effectively to major public health events such as Ebola, Haiti, Katrina, H1N1 and SARS, has added several new wins of late to support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
A few of the recent key awards include:
- Beating out one other bidder to pick up a 2-year $8M CDC CIMS task to provide support to the Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion (DHQP) whose mission is to protect patients; protect Healthcare personnel; and promote safety, quality, and value in both national and international Healthcare delivery systems.
- Adding a 5-year $21M task to provide continued support to the Division of Tuberculosis Elimination (DTBE), the division focused on preventing, controlling, and eventually eliminating tuberculosis in the US. This was awarded using CIO-SP3, drawing no other bids.
- Beating out three other bidders to pick up a 3-year task to provide digital web services to support the Office of Laboratory Web Services. The task was awarded using CIO-SP3.
- Being awarded a 3-year $6M Laboratory Response Network & Informatics and Data Exchange Services task with CDC. The task was awarded using CIO-SP3, drawing one other bid.
- With the CDC CIMS IDIQ nearing its endpoint, it is important to note where the Center is competing its requirements. CIO-SP3 Unrestricted is clearly one of the top options at this point. Is CDC a target? It will be important to have a partner on this vehicle.
- Led by Erik Buice, Vice President, Health Solutions, Northrop’s Health division is able to lay claim to past performance and capabilities in a wide range of areas, to include Benefits Systems Administration, Public Health, Bioinformatics, Precision Medicine, Fraud Prevention and Payment Modernization, across numerous Federal Health agencies. Read more here.
- The Northrop Grumman team was one of the companies selected as a Prime awardee on the new HHS Intelligence Automation/Artificial Intelligence (IAAI) IDIQ Read more here.