NIH NHLBI CIO talks #BusinessDevelopmentFails
Posted (Last updated )
“Six ways to ensure that your business development efforts with a federal CIO fail. Better, combine them and guarantee you will never do business with my agency.
1. Don't visit my agency's website to find out what my agency actually does.
2. Don't search your company's database to see if we are already a customer.
3. Send a cold call email to me pretending we have met before.
4. Keep sending emails trying to sell me on something I've already politely told you we don't need.
5. Add me to your mailing list without asking me
6. Call my assistant and lie to her about having talked to me and agreeing to have a meeting. Bonus points for yelling at her when she doesn't believe you”
G2X TAKE: Entitled “Six ways to ensure that your business development efforts with a federal CIO fail.”, this post by the current #FedHealthIT100 Award winner and NIH National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Exec provides good common sense suggestions for those trying to win work at NIH and elsewhere.
Have something you would like to add? Comment below
Note: You will need to be logged in as a member to see comments and participate in the discussion.