“Synectics is pleased to announce the addition of Mr. Walt Mehlferber as the Senior Director of Information Technology. Mr. Mehlferber has over 30 years of experience in Information Technology. His work history includes healthcare, Corporate and Government IT consulting and the Federal Government. In his most recent position, Walt worked for the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) at the National Institute of Health (NIH) as their Chief Information Officer. As his major accomplishments, he developed and strengthened IT governance, policy and oversight to processes to ensure secure, efficient, and cost-effective use of IT resources, leveraged existing IT infrastructure and identified new and emerging technologies to maximize mission accomplishment and reduce costs, and represented NIDCD on NIH-wide committees focusing on overall IT strategy and information security activities and initiatives.”
“Mr. Mehlferber ‘s knowledge, experience, and leadership will significantly contribute to the company’s overall technical vision for IT solutions for our customers, and as Synectics’ Senior Director of IT, he will have the opportunity to provide solutions and best practices to IT operations, infrastructure, and architecture to include IT security, compliance, quality management, and the maintenance of corporate and project standards.”
“Synectics is a solutions specialist company focused on federal data – gathering, storing, cleaning, analyzing, visualizing, reporting on, and applying AI techniques ultimately making it meaningful for stakeholders and their constituents. Our motto? Making Data Meaningful.TM”
Source: Walt Mehlferber as Synectics’ Senior Director of IT, December 4, 2020. Synectics.
G2X TAKE: Walter Mehlferber, armed with more than three decades of IT experience, to include perspective gained as Chief Information Officer for the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, takes on a new challenge with Synectics.
Prior roles include:
- Chief Information Officer & Chief, Information Systems Management Branch – National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
- Chief, Network Management Section, ISMB (Deputy CIO) – NIH/NIDCD
- Sr. Associate (Global Information Services [Networking and Infrastructure/ New Business Solutions] – Dell
- Synectics, a solutions specialist company focused on federal data – gathering, storing, cleaning, analyzing, visualizing, reporting on, and ultimately making it meaningful for stakeholders and their constituents, continues to be a major partner to the Department of Health and Human Services, to include ACF, SAMHSA and NIH. The full client list and overview of their work at NSF, USDA and HHS can be found here.
- This past Summer Synectics was recognized by Mr. Brian Goodger, Acting Director of NITAAC, and Associate Director for the Office of Logistics and Acquisition Operations (OLAO) of the Director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as being among the top 5 Task Order winners by Total Contract Value for the Quarter from among all 92 Small Business Contract holders on the Best-In-Class certified Chief Information Officer – Solutions and Partners 3 (CIO-SP3) GWAC.
- Led by President Ana Hirsbrunner, and Bob Strom, who earlier this year was promoted to serve as Vice President Of Business Development, Synectics has been quietly building out its growth team to include the recent additions of Melissa Marrah and Rick Price as Sr. Directors of Business Development.
- Synectics was recently named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.