G2X TAKE: Looking to leverage Milad Bahrami’s recent experience providing executive leadership to over 800 health IT professionals supporting HHS, responsibility for overall delivery and growth of all accounts including profit and loss for $200M in annual revenue, Leidos, a global leader in the integration and application of IT, engineering, and science, adds a new Senior Vice President for Government Health & Safety Solutions.
Milad brings prior Federal experience leading an organization of 125 Federal and contract staff members performing system and application development for the NIH user community, and responsibility for managing seven NIH enterprise systems including the NIH Business Intelligence system and data warehouse (nVision), the third largest IT system at NIH.
In announcing the move Milad shared: “After three years of working with an incredible team at GDIT today I take on a new challenge at Leidos partnering with government health agencies to ensure we continue to drive healthcare forward during such a critical time for our country.” See the post here.
Prior roles include:
- Vice President, Health & Human Services (HHS) Business Area – General Dynamics Information Technology
- Senior Client Executive, Dept. Of Health and Human Services (HHS) – Pegasystems
- Division Director – National Institutes of Health
- This is the latest in a series of strategic moves for Leidos to include tapping Rhonda Blatman to serve as a Senior VP driving BD & Strategy for the Health Group; tapping BD and strategy lead Joanne Martin to serve as a VP for Health Growth Solutions; and recruiting senior Fed Health IT growth lead Cindy Bishop to be Senior Director of BD and Capture.
- Milad was recently named to the FedHealthIT100, an award honoring those individuals recognized for driving change and advancement in the Federal Health Information Technology and Consulting Market. More here.
- Leidos began 2021 with the announcement they had completed the acquisition of 1901 Group for approximately $215 million in cash, adding nearly 400 IT, cloud and cyber specialists to the Leidos team. More here.
- Leidos has an extensive history supporting the National Institutes of Health in the development of solutions in areas such as biomedical research, public health and health analytics, to include having been awarded a significant $150M eRA Software Design and Development task; a Prime award on a $214M BPA in support of emerging NIH NHLBI IT requirements; and a recent $12.5M task with the National Institutes of Health’s National Heart Lung and Blood Institute to provide CSR Software Development and Technical Support.
- Leidos is also a major partner to VA with past performance that includes a $120M task awarded to Leidos and partners All In Solutions, HLP Integration and Iron Mountain for Paper Mail Conversion and Management Services support; a Veterans Affairs Enterprise Security Architecture Support task win; and a Prime award on the $900M VA Veterans Intake, Conversion and Communication Services (VICCS) IDIQ.
- Leidos was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come and it was among the Fed Civ & Health firms noted as the most innovative technology companies in the region.
- We should also note that Leidos’ PJ Kennedy, Chief Engineer was recently named among the 2021 Change Agents Shifting the Landscape Honorees.