G2X TAKE: Beating out four other bidders, Hendall, a small business provider of instructional design and training, information technology solutions, and professional services support, has been awarded a 5-year contract with the Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration to provide BHSIS support services. This contract was released as a small business set-aside using beta.SAM.
- The purpose of this contract is to collect, manage, and analyze the data from the six (6) major inter-related components within the BHSIS contract. These include: Inventory of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment Facilities(I-TF); National Substance Use and Mental Health Services Survey (N-SUMHSS); Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS); Mental Health-Client Level Data (MH-CLD); Uniform Reporting System (URS) Tables; and Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator. Solicitation documents and the RFP are available here.
- Hendall is a familiar face to SAMHSA with direct Prime experience supporting the Knowledge Application Program (KAP) for CSAT’s provision of current information, data, and evidence-based practices to the substance abuse treatment field and as a Prime on the multiple award SAMHSA IDIQ (Domain 4S).
- It has been a good summer for this team, with this award coming just weeks after it was announced that Hendall was awarded a $30M Head Start Information and Communication Center (HSICC) Support contract with HHS. More on that award here.
- Led by CEO Art Henry, Hendall maintains a senior leadership team who has a track record of success, to include Federal Health Industry veteran Paul Tardif as COO; and Deputy COO & Division Director Adam Lee, who is charged with overseeing operations and business development for Hendall, while leading contracts for clients throughout HHS, including NIH, CMS, SAMHSA, and FDA.
- In addition to serving as a Prime on the $20B CIO-SP3 SB GWAC, Hendall has quietly amassed a wide array of Federal Health Prime contract vehicle options, from CMS SPARC and 8(a) STARS II, to NIH PICS, the SAMHSA IDIQ and the CMS Survey and Certification Group (SCG) National Surveyor Training Program (NSTP). See the full list here.
- Hendall was recently named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
Included below is a snapshot of Prime obligations for Hendall across the Federal sector.