G2X TAKE: Beating out five other bidders, Ad Hoc, a very fast growing Government digital services and software design and engineering company, has been awarded a 3-year contract with HHS. Work under the contract is to provide software development support to this Department of Health and Human Services Office that manages grant funding and oversees local agencies providing Head Start services. The contract, valued at $5M, was awarded using GSA IT-70, and released by the GSA’s Technology Transformation Services (TTS).
CEO Greg Gershman said: “Ad Hoc is excited to work with HHS and 18F to build modern digital services for the Head Start program. We’re also excited to be a part of this innovative acquisition, an excellent example of how 18F can scale innovation across government by connecting vendors like Ad Hoc with fantastic, impactful programs like Head Start.”
- Born out of the rescue of HealthCare.gov, this digital services company, that helps the Federal Government better serve people, has become a major player in the Federal Health sector, with a significant set of direct experience and recent wins at HHS/CMS (more here) and in support of Veterans Affairs (more here).
- Ad Hoc is one of 16 Agile digital services firms that came together last year to form the Digital Services Coalition to bring innovation and agility to Government IT contracting.
- Led by Chief Executive Officer, Greg Gershman, Ad Hoc was recently named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- Ad Hoc currently has a job opening for a Capture Manager to be a key member of the Growth Team and to contribute directly to their goal of cultivating new customer relationships.
Recent interviews and articles:
- In this early 2020 interview with Larry Bafundo, Director of Product Management with Ad Hoc and one of the G2X Change Agent Awardees, Larry details the company’s approach to product management as a way to help Government meet rising public expectations around digital delivery.
- CEO Gershman and CTO and co-founder Paul Smith recently wrote about the critical nature of Government systems as highlighted by COVID-19, and they also shared insight in this article focused on how agencies can maximize their modernization efforts in the wake of COVID-19.