G2X TAKE: Attain, whose Federal division was acquired by Maximus this past Spring, was just awarded this 18-month task to provide the Department of Health and Human Services with a range of development, modification, and integration support services. Valued at $9.2M, this task, identified as funded by the Assistant Secretary for Administration (ASA), was competed as a small business set-aside on CIO-SP3 SB, drawing no other bidders.
- Maximus announced this Spring that it had acquired the Federal division of Attain for $430M looking to leverage Attain’s strong reputation as an innovator with unparalleled technology services such as artificial intelligence and machine learning to support the mission-critical objectives of numerous federal agencies. More here.
- Last Fall Maximus announced the formation of Maximus Public Health (MPH), and the hiring of six Prominent Health Experts to Support Government Public Health Programs, and earlier this year they added longtime HHS, NIH Digital Leader Christen Geiler to be VP, and executive sales leader Colleen Rooney to serve as a VP of Sales supporting Federal Health.
- Maximus recently announced a Joint Cloud-Based Omnichannel Contact Center Platform for Government Agencies leveraging technology from Genesys, a long-time global leader in cloud customer experience and contact center solutions.
- Maximus and Attain were both identified as being among the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- We should not that Tom Naughton, Division President, Maximus Federal Services was recently identified as among the inaugural FedHealthIT100 Hall of Fame Inductees, a group distinguished time and again as winners of the FedHealthIT100 Awards for the impact they are making within the Federal Health community and in support of Federal Health missions.