G2X TAKE: Research Triangle Institute (RTI), an independent, nonprofit research institute, dedicated to improving the human condition, has been awarded two new wins in support of subagencies of the Department of Health and Human Services.
For the first award, RTI was awarded a 5-year $52M contract with HHS’ Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality to support the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. The award of this contract was released using SAM and noted no other bidders. The Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS) is a set of large-scale surveys of families and individuals, their medical providers, and employers across the United States.
For the second award, RTI beat out one other bidder to be awarded a 3-year $3M Program Evaluations for Prevention Contract (PEPC) task with Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. This task was awarded using the SAMHSA IDIQ. The PEPC system will house cross-site data for the Minority AIDS Initiative (MAI), SPF-Prescription Drugs, and Partnerships for Success (PFS). The purpose of all three programs is to determine if and how the implementation of the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) results in improved intermediate, short, and long-term outcomes.
- RTI has been busy building out its offerings and capabilities over the last year or so to include:
- A partnership announced last Fall between RTI and SAS intended to further strengthen and improve service to clients by combining subject matter expertise, scientific rigor, advanced analytics, and technical and software products into comprehensive solutions. More here.
- Closing its acquisition of Medical Data Analytics (MDA) in the Spring of 2020, expanding existing services of the RTI Health Solutions business unit in the design and conduct of observational research with MDA’s capabilities in data collection and management, and physician and site recruitment. More here.
- Earlier this year the BroadReach Group and RTI International announced a partnership between the organizations under which they would offer joint informatics solutions, powered by AI, synthesizing managerial, operational and other types of social and economic data. More here.
- RTI has also been building out its team to include recruiting industry veteran Cindy D’Annunzio for Managing Director, Federal Health Services; recruiting Felecia Younger to be IDIQ Director; and adding Amy Helwig, a former AHRQ Deputy Director as EVP. RTI also recently tapped Andrea Mohamed to be Vice President of Strategy, Innovation, Marketing and Communications.
- RTI International was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
RFP ID: AHRQ-21-10002
Award ID: 75Q80121C00005
RFP ID: 283-21-0566
Award ID: 75S20321F42002