G2X TAKE: Another day, another win for GDIT as they beat out three other bidders to be awarded a new 5-year task to support the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) on the long-anticipated Electronic Case Adjudication and Processing Environment (ECAPE). The task was competed and awarded using CIO-SP3.
ECAPE is designed to function as an electronic case management and workflow system that includes the following operations: Electronic filing of Requests for OMHA Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) Hearing; Exhibiting; Scheduling; and Case management.
- The Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) administers the nationwide Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) hearing program for appeals arising from individual claims for Medicare coverage and payment for items and services furnished to beneficiaries (or enrollees) under Medicare Parts A, B, C and D. OMHA also hears appeals arising from claims for entitlement to Medicare benefits and disputes of Part B and Part D premium surcharges. More here.
- GDIT has been winning big of late across broader HHS in 2020, to include adding a $241M Cloud Products & Tools contract in support of CMS; a COVID-19 Epidemiology Task Force Pandemic Response task at CDC; a $24M CDC NCHHSTP Informatics Technical Support task win; being awarded a $112M single-award National Practitioner Data Bank Support BPA with HHS HRSA; an NIH Center for Information Technology HelpDesk Support task; a $43M Retiree Drug Subsidy (RDS) effort in support of CMS; and a $28M ServiceNow Professional Support Services task at NIH.
- This is all in addition to securing a Prime position on a number of new HHS specific contract vehicles across the Agency, to include the FDA CTP IT Systems Lifecycle Development and Management Support BPA, an NIH Mission Alignment IT Support BPA, and a $90M National Center for Health Statistics Electronic Data Collection Support BPA with CDC.
- Led by Federal Health Sector Vice President & General Manager, Kamal Narang, GDIT was recently identified on the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come (More here) and they were one of the firms recently named to Forbes’ Best Management Consulting Firms 2020.
- This recent article by Milad Bahrami, Vice President of HHS Operations at General Dynamics Information Technology shares Three Key Takeaways to Work Smarter and Deliver on Critical Health Missions.