G2X TAKE: Easily one of the fastest growing Federal Health consulting firms over the past 5 years, Service-Disabled Veteran and Woman-Owned business Halfaker, that creates, modernizes, integrates, and secures mission critical systems for Government organizations, just beat out three other bidders to be awarded a new 4-year Program Integrity Tool DevOps task in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs. This task was awarded as an SDVOSB set-aside action using T4NG.
Under the contract, Halfaker will provide operation and maintenance, as well as customization and enhancement, to support the full DevOps life cycle of the Office of Community Care (OCC) DPI Program Integrity Tools (PIT) platform. The mission of the Department of Program Integrity (DPI) is to detect and prevent fraud waste and abuse across VA’s claims processing systems.
- This latest award to Halfaker builds on a string of notable and large wins in the last year or two in support of VA, to include a $189M VA Enterprise Services Integrated Platform (ESIP) Support task; an $88M VA Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Transactions Application Suite (TAS) support task; a $244M VA Veteran Signals (VSignals) task award; and a $164M VA Financial Service Center (FSC) IT Service task award.
- Halfaker has made several key investments over the course of the last couple of years to position them for the long term, to include adding former MHS EHR Acquisition Leader, Jessica Denman as Executive Vice President of Health Operations; Ken Georgi as Chief Operating Officer; well-known Federal Health Industry leader Tony Meyer as Vice President of Business Development; veteran strategy and growth leader Jerry Ambrosh as Chief Strategy & Growth Officer; and 20-year industry veteran Bob Spitz as Chief Technology Officer.
- Earlier this summer, Halfaker and &Partners announced they had formed an 8(a) SDVOSB Joint Venture focused on transformative digital services. This was Halfaker’s second Mentor-Protégé relationship and JV, demonstrating the firm’s commitment to helping build the next generation of small business Government contractors. More here.
- With a senior leadership team in place who bring a proven track record of winning, and a Prime position on nearly every major Federal Health contract vehicle (CMS SPARC, CIO-SP3 SB, VETS 2, etc.), to include having recently added an 8(a) position on the CIO-SP3 SB On-Ramp, Halfaker continues to be one of the most well positioned firms in the Federal Health market today.
- Halfaker was recently named to the updated list of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come and the VA Profile program they support was recently named as one of the FHIT 2020 Disruptive Tech Awardees.
- Included here is a recent interview with Halfaker President and CEO Dawn Halfaker, recently recognized as one of the FedHealthIT100, where she discusses her firm’s success and what is at the heart of her mission. Read the interview here.
Included below is a snapshot of Prime obligations for Halfaker across the Federal sector.