G2X TAKE: Halfaker, a very fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran and Woman-Owned business that creates, modernizes, integrates, and secures mission critical systems for Government organizations, has been awarded a 3-year contract to, following the CMS Cloud Smart Strategy, provide innovative security services and engineering in support of the design, build, operation, maintenance, modernization, and evolution of CMS cloud infrastructure, products, software, and networks. The contract was awarded as a small business set-aside using GSA IT-70.
- Halfaker has made several recent key hires that seem to be paying off, to include adding seasoned Federal health business development practitioner Kathleen Dyson to serve as VP of Business Development supporting HHS, adding Dave Januchowski as Director of HHS programs, and the appointment of Bob Spitz as Chief Technology Officer.
- Elsewhere at HHS, earlier this year, Halfaker picked up a strategic win, adding its first contract win – a $17M HHS AHRQ Application Development and Maintenance contract – with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
- With a senior leadership team in place who bring a proven track record of winning, and a Prime position on nearly every major Federal Health contract vehicle (CMS SPARC, CIO-SP3 SB, VETS 2, etc.), Halfaker continues to be one of the most well positioned firms in the Federal Health market today.
- Halfaker was recently named one of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- Included here is an interview with Halfaker President and CEO Dawn Halfaker, recently recognized as one of the FedHealthIT100, where she discusses her firm’s success and what is at the heart of her mission. Read the interview here.
Included below is a snapshot of Prime obligations for Halfaker.