G2X TAKE: Halfaker, a very fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran and Woman-Owned business and major partner to the Department of Veterans Affairs, recently added another big win at VA, this time to support the VA’s Enterprise Services Integrated Platform (ESIP) initiative. This task was competed and awarded using the VA T4NG IDIQ.
- The VA released an RFI this time last year for ESIP, an information technology initiative, to achieve Enterprise Services’ (ES) Application Programming Interface (API) Transformation via consolidation of ES product lines that enable the Veteran to access and manage their information in an efficient and user-friendly manner. Initially, this transformation effort is aligning Vet360, Data Access Service (DAS) Enterprise Service Enhancements (DESE), Repositories, and Customer Gateway Services (CGS) program areas to a unified vision to improve the Veteran experience associated with accessing their information. The ES API Transformation unified concept effort will align and consolidate VA enterprise shared services into one forward facing, future-state API management platform that improves the interaction of the programs to improve the flow of information from VA to the Veteran. Modernizing ES APIs will provide a pathway to innovation and streamlining services to the Veteran by increasing visibility and accessibility of Veteran data and services. More here.
- This latest award to Halfaker builds on a string of notable and large wins in the last year, to include a $88M VA Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Transactions Application Suite (TAS) support task; a $244M VA Veteran Signals (VSignals) task award; and a $164M VA Financial Service Center (FSC) IT Service task award.
- Halfaker has made several key investments over the course of the last year or so to position them for the long term, to include adding former MHS EHR Acquisition Leader, Jessica Denman as Vice President of Health Operations; Ken Georgi as Chief Operating Officer; well-known Federal Health Industry leader, Tony Meyer as Vice President of Business Development; veteran strategy and growth leader Jerry Ambrosh as Chief Strategy & Growth Officer; and 20-year industry veteran Bob Spitz as Chief Technology Officer.
- With a senior leadership team in place who bring a proven track record of winning, and a Prime position on nearly every major Federal Health contract vehicle (CMS SPARC, CIO-SP3 SB, VETS 2, etc.), to include having recently added an 8(a) position on the CIO-SP3 SB On-Ramp, Halfaker continues to be one of the most well positioned firms in the Federal Health market today.
- Halfaker was recently named one of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- Included here is a recent interview with Halfaker President and CEO Dawn Halfaker, recently recognized as one of the FedHealthIT100, where she discusses her firm’s success and what is at the heart of her mission. Read the interview here.