“Halfaker and Associates, LLC (Halfaker)—a technology solutions provider within the Federal Government’s health, intelligence, defense, and security sectors—and &Partners—a minority-owned small business (certified as 8(a) by the Small Business Administration) and certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)—have formed United Digital Partners, an 8(a) and SDVOSB-certified Joint Venture (JV). Halfaker and &Partners, which entered into a formal Small Business Administration All-Small Mentor-Protégé agreement earlier this year, share a common vision to leverage United Digital Partners to deliver transformative digital services to the Federal Government.”
“We are privileged to be in a position to support one of our small business partners through the Mentor-Protégé program as they continue to grow and successfully navigate the industry,” said Halfaker President and Chief Executive Officer, Dawn Halfaker. “The JV further deepens our partnership and enables us to deliver tangible value for our Federal clients and enable them to better serve their constituents.”
“We look forward to learning from Halfaker’s experience in the government sector through the SBVOSB’s Mentor/Protege program. We’re honored to partner with a company that has a strong reputation, proven capabilities and deep customer relationships. We’re confident that we will learn and grow in unique ways thanks to the relationship established by this pairing,” said Eduardo F. Ortiz, CEO and Co-founder of &Partners.”
“This is Halfaker’s second Mentor-Protégé relationship and JV, demonstrating the firm’s commitment to helping build the next generation of small business Government contractors. The new enterprise complements Halfaker’s first JV company (H2 Technology Solutions) and will further Halfaker’s capabilities in the design space, using Human Centered Design to create user-centric products and services across Government organizations…”
Source: Halfaker and Associates, LLC Announces Joint Venture with &Partners, July 16, 2020. Halfaker.
G2X TAKE: Halfaker, a Federal technology solutions provider who has easily been one of the fastest growing Federal Health consulting firms over the past 5 years, announced yesterday the formation of a new JV, United Digital Partners, with current Protege &Partners, a minority-owned small business and product design and development studio that uses a human-centered approach to solving problems that have social impact.
- &Partners, led by CEO Eduardo Ortiz and Halfaker, led by President and CEO Dawn Halfaker, were both recently named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- As far as mentors go, Halfaker is clearly a coveted partner as this group has grown from a small to mid-tier over the last few years in record time and not just by winning big in one agency, but by proving they can win across a broad set of Federal Health agencies and in a range of competitive situations. In addition to the $189M VA Enterprise Services Integrated Platform (ESIP) Support task win Halfaker received in early 2020, the team has scored several other notable wins across the Federal Health sector of late, to include an $18M CMS Cloud Security Operations and Maintenance (Cloud SecOps) contract, and a $17M HHS AHRQ Application Development and Maintenance contract.
- With a senior leadership team in place who bring a proven track record of winning, and a Prime position on nearly every major Federal Health contract vehicle (CMS SPARC, CIO-SP3 SB, VETS 2, etc.), Halfaker continues to be one of the most well positioned firms in the Federal Health market today.
- Included here is an interview with Halfaker President and CEO Dawn Halfaker, recently recognized as one of the FedHealthIT100, where she discusses her firm’s success and what is at the heart of her mission. Read the interview here.
- &Partners is one of 16 Agile digital services firms that came together in 2019 to form the Digital Services Coalition to bring innovation and agility to Government IT contracting. More here.
- Some relevant and noteworthy Federal Health past performance for &Partners includes being tasked with identifying, assessing, and evaluating key drivers to determine whether the legacy Indian Health Service (IHS) Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS) could be modernized, and if so, how. More Here.