Updated June 19, 2019
G2X TAKE: The Government has updated the details related to this award, with 4 total bidders now listed, rather than the initial data that identified no other bids. Thank you to the G2X community member who pointed this out.
Posted June 10, 2019
G2X TAKE: Building on GDIT’s prior experience providing computer software services and system maintenance for DDPS and PRS, to include system design, software enhancements, and support for ongoing management reporting and processing of prescription drug events for the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit (Part D) program, this longtime partner to CMS recently added a new 5-year task award. This task was awarded using CMS SPARC, drawing no other bids.
- “The Medicare Modernization Act (MMA) of 2003 established a prescription drug benefit to subsidize the cost of prescription drugs for Medicare beneficiaries, which went into effect January 1, 2006. In 2005, CMS selected General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) to design, develop, validate and implement DDPS. GDIT HIT continues to successfully support DDPS, and has expanded its role to encompass significant support for data analysis and reporting. DDPS captures, validates, stores and reports prescription drug event (PDE) data in support of the Medicare Part D program. This system captures actual cost and utilization data related to PDEs, as well as associated dimensional data. The data is stored to the CMS Integrated Data Repository (IDR), where the data is accessed via the Business Intelligence (BI) components of DDPS to address the data analysis requirements of CMS.” Source NIH NITAAC
- GDIT is only a year removed from completing their $9.7B acquisition of CSRA, and recently underwent a major re-branding effort, “New Look. Same Mission. #OneGDIT.”
- GDIT has been aggressively building out its growth team of late, to include adding Vice President and Growth Executive, Jack Ginsburg, who brings a proven history of winning $100M+ CMS deals, along with established leaders Jermon Bafaty and Cheryl Waldrup to drive growth and capture operations.
- This award comes only days after GDIT was awarded a $276M CMS Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center (BCRC) task.
- GDIT was recently identified as one of the Federal Health consulting firms creating a BUZZ and thefield.io Fed Health partner identification tool lists GDIT on the front page as one of the highest scoring firms based on their scoring algorithm.