G2X TAKE: When a service-disabled Veteran-owned small business, founded by a former senior Veterans Affairs IT Exec, starts to make big investments, we take note.
Syms Strategic Group (SSG), a multifaceted small business with capabilities in Management, IT services, Training, System Architecture, Cyber Operations, Recruiting and Staffing and other support services, recently added two growth oriented hires, to include a new VP of Growth Operations.
Julia Turcot, a senior business development, proposal and cost/price SME and leader, recently joined SSG, where she will lead the entire growth ecosystem and drive initiatives around new market expansion, account retention and growth, partner relations, and marketing.
Prior roles include:
- Business Development Director – Credence Management Solutions
- Business Development Director – Universal Understanding Inc
- Senior Proposal Manager – Merlin International
As previously noted, Syms also recently recruited Kevin Hsu, a now former U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) technology leader to serve as a Director leading Proposals. Hsu brings 15+ combined years of IT operations/support experience in the Federal Government sector and commercial space.
- Syms is led by CEO/Founder and three time FedHealthIT100 award winner, Edward Syms.
- Syms, an executive with over 30 years of leadership experience in Program Management, Human Resources, Federal Acquisitions, and Military and Federal Agency Operations, founded the company. He brings direct experience as an Executive with several successful VA technology partners and as an IT Director for over 10 years with the Department of Veterans Affairs before that. SSG was already rising on the list of partner options for many, but these new investments ensure this group is #onetowatch as we close FY20 and look to 2021.