G2X TAKE: Building on a growing set of past performance at the Food and Drug Administration, Accenture Federal Services, a global consulting firm focused on helping Federal agencies to transform—becoming more customer-centered, data-driven, efficient and secure, has been awarded a new 2-year task to provide the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) with Informatics PMO Architecture and Process Modernization Support. The task, valued at $16M, was awarded under the FDA Safety and Innovation Act (FDASIA) Support Services BPA.
- Accenture carries a broad set of experience in support of the FDA ranging from the deployment of FDA’s first public cloud environment for both net-new and existing cloud applications, serving as Prime on the Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) software and services IDIQ and on a $100M CDER IT and Program Management Support BPA, to supporting Business Improvement activities for the Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH).
- Accenture made several key additions to the team in the last year, to include recruiting leader Jill Olmstead to serve as a new Managing Director & Management Consulting Health Leader.
- Heather McIntire, a Managing Director for Life Sciences posted a blog post last Fall entitled “FDA and Digital Technologies: Striving for better patient safety and improved industry compliance”. Check it out there.
- Last year the company expanded its Federal Digital Studio (Studio) in Washington, D.C., nearly doubling its size to more than 20,000 square feet and expanding its diverse team of designers, developers, data scientists, technologists and other digital experts.
- Accenture was recently named one of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.