“Document Storage Systems, Inc. (DSS, Inc.), a leading provider of health information technology (HIT) solutions for federal, private and public healthcare organizations, announced that it has acquired SBG Technology Solutions, Inc., an Alexandria-based company offering a wide-range of IT services and solutions to the federal government and the commercial sector.”
“Operating as a wholly owned subsidiary of DSS, Inc., SBG will expand DSS, Inc.’s services capabilities for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), the Department of Defense, as well as with other federal agencies.”
“In addition, DSS, Inc. will compliment and help build upon SBG’s Health IT services and National Security capabilities and experience through the development of new products to support government and commercial clients.”
“The acquisition of SBG will serve as a force multiplier for expanding our services footprint at the VA, as well as with other agencies,” said Mark Byers, President of DSS, Inc. “In addition, the company offers a wide-range of IT capabilities that will enhance our 30-year legacy of providing the most cutting-edge solutions for the federal government. We are excited to be bringing this world-class team into DSS, Inc.”
“Headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia as an established firm with over 16 years of experience supporting government and commercial clients, SBG offers a comprehensive, enterprise-approach to helping agencies meet mission goals through IT modernization, professional engineering, IT governance, cyber security and Artificial Intelligence (AI). The company also provides an Artificial Intelligence Learning Platform System (AILPS), which offers a customized Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) training to help customers leverage AI tools to innovate, solve problems and exploit opportunities.”
“DSS, Inc. has a deep legacy of supporting the VA, and other federal customers and this acquisition marks the beginning of a new chapter for SBG – where we will have additional resources for product and service expansion,” said Tom Felten, President and Chief Executive Officer, SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. “Our combined capabilities will help bring the most comprehensive IT services and solutions offering to the federal government.”
Source: DSS, Inc. Expands Services Capabilities Through Acquisition of SBG Technology Solutions, Inc., September 14, 2021. DSS.
G2X TAKE: This leading provider of Health Information Technology (HIT) solutions for Federal, private and public Healthcare organizations, announced that it has acquired this SDVOSB VETS 2 and T4NG Prime that offers a wide-range of IT services and solutions to the Federal Government and the commercial sector, expanding its service capabilities for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and the Department of Defense, as well as with other Federal agencies.
- SBG has been a steady partner to VA with recent wins to include a $54M Claims Processing System Support task. This award followed a number of notable wins for SBG with VA in 2020 to include a $92M VA Enterprise Mobility Management task; and a $30M EPMO Technical Support task.
- Earlier this year SBG announced it had been awarded the 5-year option period for T4NG as a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). More here.
- SBG has been a partner to VA for more than a decade and lists among its clients VA OIT, VBA and VHA. See its full customer list here.
- In addition to their Prime position on the $22.3B T4NG IDIQ, this group has also managed to secure Prime access to key contract vehicles such as VETS 2 and 8(a) STARS II and they were named on the list of GSA OASIS SB Pool 3 successful offerors.
- Driven by a leadership team that includes Chief Growth Officer Robert Gordon, and COO Thomas Felten, SBG Technology Solutions was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- DSS, who earlier this year marked 30 Years of Health Innovation and Service to Clients, has had its own success supporting VA to include a recent award for its Suicide Prevention Manager (SPM) software support tool, an extension of the support DSS, Inc. has been providing the VA since 1994. More here.
- In 2019, the Former VA Under Secretary for Benefits formed a new JV with DSS. That JV, All In VETS, is “committed to giving the VA the systems and solutions they need to achieve their highest potential.” In 2020 DSS DSS partnered with Diasyst to Empower Clinicians to Better Manage Chronically Ill Patients at the VA that was to involve an integration with DSS’s interoperability solutions in order to provide a seamless offering across the entire Veterans Affairs enterprise. More here.
- Adding to a dynamic leadership team that includes CIO Brian Visser; Rodney Neal, VP of Sales and Marketing; Himanshu Singh, Chief Health Informatics Officer; and Melinda Pitchford, Director Business Development and Capture Management, DSS recently recruited David Whitmer to be Chief Strategy Officer, looking to leverage his extensive Federal Health career, including time supporting VA.
- This recent podcast with Dr. Singh discusses how, thanks to intelligent software and data visualization solutions, it is possible for the VA to achieve the HRO mission, and provide the best quality of care for Veterans. More here.
- DSS was also named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.