“Scope: The Patient Administration Office has the primary responsibility for information life cycle management of a media-neutral Military Service Health Treatment Records (STR) and Non-Military Health Service Treatment Records (NSTR) for the Military Health System (MHS). The Office advises the Defense Health Agency (DHA) leadership and the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs (ASD/HA) on all matters relating to treatment records and is responsible for:
- Supporting development and coordination of joint policy guidance; which includes the technical writing of DoDIs, IPMs
- Implementing and overseeing a formal joint STR/NSTR management program;
- Monitoring Military Service performance and compliance regarding the health/treatment records;
- Facilitating release of STR and NSTR information to other Federal agencies where records are shared or transferred;
- Identifying and coordinating improvements and re-engineering the STR/NSTR information management process;
- Participating in interagency work groups to identify and address emerging issues associated with STR/NSTR management; and,
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise to support development of an electronic treatment records system for the MHS.”
G2X TAKE: The stated objectives for this recently released RFI focus on enabling the PAO to establish inter-Service standards and metrics, to standardize the health record management processes, and to promote learning and continuous improvement of the processes, thus enabling the better and more rapid adoption of common clinical and business practices.
Released out of USAMRAA to GSA PSS small businesses, this 5-year task with an estimated 15 FTE workload is certain to draw plenty of interest from small business. The incumbent contractor on this requirement is identified as Deloitte. We are certain that more than a few have been tracking them down this week to discuss.
Note: USAMRAA was very clear that only submissions by GSA PSS small businesses will be accepted by the Government. Those down in San Antonio this week who have capabilities and interest are fortunate to be able to find plenty of potential prime partners in one place. The stated RFI Close Date is 11/22/2017.
A link to the full scope of work and objectives is included in the comment thread below. – You will need to be logged in to access it.