G2X TAKE: Irving Burton Associates (IBA) (now part of the DLH Corporation team), a Federal services provider specializing in technology, business solutions, and research and engineering, builds on two decades of continuous support for the Defense Health Agency Solution Delivery Division (SDD) and its predecessor components, as it was recently awarded a new single-award BPA and an initial $21M task award. The BPA was competed on the GSA Professional Services Schedule (PSS) and is funded by the DHA J6/Solutions Resource Management Branch (SRMB).
Note: For security purposes, the release of details related to DOD award actions can be delayed as much as 90 days after the award.
- Last Fall DLH announced the acquisition of privately-held Irving Burton Associates, LLC (IBA), adding significant past performance providing research, systems development, and other technology-enabled solutions to the Defense Health Agency (DHA) and the US Army Telemedicine & Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC). More here.
- Led by President and CEO Zachary Parker, this acquisition was just a year removed from DLH completing a $70M acquisition of Social & Scientific Systems (S3), an established public health service organization providing solutions in clinical and biomedical research, epidemiology, health policy, and program evaluation; and is only a few years removed from their $39M acquisition of Federal Health technology-enabled program management, consulting, and digital communications solutions provider Danya.
- IBA has been a major partner to MHS and DHA for many years, with this group recently being awarded a $101M DHA Program Management Support Contract with partner Deloitte; a U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC) multi-year contract to provide research, scientific, management, and technical support for its Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC); and the Defense Health Agency (DHA) renewing IBA’s contract supporting DHA’s Portfolio and Resource Management Division (PRMD) (More here.)
- The IBA supported Defense Health Agency (DHA) Solution Delivery Division (SDD) Agile Playbook was selected as a 2019 FedHealthIT Innovation Award winner. The IBA supported DHA Narcotics Ordering Review and Approval (NORA) and U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC) Forward Operating Base Expert Telemedicine Resource Utilizing Mobile Application for Trauma (FOXTROT) programs were each recognized as 2020 FedHealthIT Innovation Award winners.
- IBA and DLH were both named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.