G2X TAKE: Leidos, a global leader in the integration and application of IT, engineering, and science, recently beat out three other bidders to be awarded a new 4-year $10M contract with the Defense Health Agency to provide TRICARE Online Portal Sustainment support. The contract was competed and awarded using GSA IT-70.
Note: For security purposes, the release of details related to DOD award actions can be delayed as much as 90 days after the award.
- Leidos is a known incumbent with significant direct Prime past performance in support of this primary portal for TRICARE beneficiaries who receive care at a military hospital or clinic. This is just the latest in in a string of wins and funding actions in the past year or so for this longtime and major partner to the Defense Health Agency, to include adding $104M+ in MHS GENESIS deployment related tasks in support of DHMSM PMO late last year; being awarded an $82M single-award Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) Operational Readiness Directorate (ORD) IDIQ; receiving a $24M DHA MHS GENESIS Wave 21 Deployment task; a $170M task to provide MHS GENESIS Stage 6 Enterprise Services; and $61M in funding to support MHS GENESIS site deployment activities at Fort Bliss and Fort Carson.
- Just last month, the Leidos partnership announced it successfully delivered the MHS GENESIS electronic health record to an additional 10,000 clinicians and other providers as part of its most recent Wave deployment with locations in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. More here.
- Leidos continues to attract top talent across the Federal health space, to include just this Spring recruiting recent JOMIS and AFOMIS lead Troy Dillon to serve as a Military and Fed Health lead.
- Leidos began 2021 with the announcement they had completed the acquisition of 1901 Group for approximately $215 million in cash, adding nearly 400 IT, cloud and cyber specialists to the Leidos team. More here.
- Leidos was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come and was among the Fed Civ & Health firms noted as the most innovative technology companies in the region.
- We should also note that Leidos’ PJ Kennedy, Chief Engineer was recently named among the 2021 Change Agents Shifting the Landscape Honorees and Doug Barton, Chief Technology Officer, Sr Vice President and Chief Engineer with Leidos was named to the FedHealthIT100, an award that honors those individuals recognized for driving change and advancement in the Federal Health Information Technology and Consulting Market.