G2X TAKE: Having only recently added a new President to spearhead overall strategic direction and growth, while overseeing the day-to-day operations of the company, this established leader in health IT solutions and services for Federal and public health agencies adds another piece to the puzzle by recruiting Chad Thyes, a well-known executive with nearly 20 years of progressive responsibility in business transformation and experience driving mission critical programs.
Thyes will bring with him experience gained implementing large scale business processing programs for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and across the broader FedCiv market at FTC, DOT, and DHS, holding P&L responsibility of $110MM annually, and successful capture of over $4.5B in contract backlog at CMS and other agencies. The new President and Thyes both worked at GDIT at the same time.
Prior roles include:
- VP Operations – Missionside
- Program VP – GDIT
- PMO Operations Manager – Lockheed Martin
- Federal Health industry veteran James Gordon was recently recruited to join Cognosante as President, a new position for the Company, and Douglas Neff was added early this year as their new CIO.
- Led by CEO, Michele Kang, Cognosante was recently rated as one of the Federal Health consulting firms creating a BUZZ.
- Cognosante, a longtime partner to CMS, is a Prime contract holder on the $25B Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Strategic Partners Acquisition Readiness Contract (SPARC) IDIQ and was only recently awarded a 3-year contract to provide Operational Oversight and Monitoring Support for the CMS State Health Insurance Exchange initiative.