G2X TAKE: Only weeks after picking up a $53M VA Time and Attendance System (VATAS) task win, Cognosante, a consultancy who brings nearly three decades of experience providing technology solution and business process outsourcing to Government health agencies, just added this new three-year task to provide continued support for CCR&A. This task was released on T4NG, drawing no other bids.
- Cognosante is very familiar with this initiative, having been awarded a task in the summer of 2017 to deliver the CCR&A solution, an enterprise-wide system used by Community Care staff to automatically generate referrals and authorizations for all Veterans receiving care in the community. More Here.
- Cognosante has been very busy bolstering their executive leadership team of late, to include recruiting James Gordon to serve as President, a new position for the Company; adding Douglas Neff earlier this year as their new CIO; recruiting business trasnformation leader Chad Thyes as a VP & General Manager; and adding former VA Deputy Portfolio Director, Joe Nay, last Fall. Joe joined former DoD/VA Interagency Program Office and VA Technical Acquisition Center lead, Steve Schliesman, the current Vice President & General Manager for Military & Veterans Health at Cognosante.
- Led by CEO, Michele Kang, Cognosante was rated as one of the Federal Health consulting firms creating a BUZZ.
- M&A: Cognosante jumped into the VA game in a big way in late 2016, when they Acquired T4NG Prime awardee, Business Information Technology Solutions (BITS) as a move to expand their Military and Veterans Health IT Business. Details Here.
- The Award ID for this action is 36C10B19N10010008.