G2X TAKE: Looking to leverage Mark Rahnama’s over 25 years of professional IT consultation and management experience and substantial Federal Government contracting expertise acquired through service to VA, DHA, FDA, HHS, and NIH, Cognosante, a consultancy that can lay claim to nearly three decades of experience providing technology solution and business process outsourcing to Government health agencies, adds a new Vice President of Strategic Solutions.
Prior roles include:
- Chief Executive Officer – Blue Method
- Chief Growth Officer – Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC)
- Sr. Principal, Capture – Health & Civil Group – SRA, a CSRA company
- This is just the latest in a series of strategic hires and talent moves for Cognosante so far this year to include recruiting experienced Federal Health growth lead Faye Farah to be VP of Business Development; bringing back Julie Crouse to be VP of Technology Operations; tapping Jennifer Bond to be Vice President, Growth, Department of Veterans Affairs Portfolio; adding Seasoned GovCon Executive, Steve Hamric as Chief Financial Officer; adding Yolanda Curtis with her extensive experience understanding customer needs and leading teams in the design and implementation of innovative solutions; and naming Kevin Mostek as the new Head of Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Cognosante had a busy 2020 as well building its leadership team to include recruiting James Gordon to serve as President; adding Douglas Neff as CIO; recruiting business transformation leader Chad Thyes as a VP & General Manager; adding recent NIH NITAAC Director Bridget Gauer as Senior Vice President for Strategy; and recruiting Travis Szabo as new VP of Growth – Military Health System.
- Last year Cognosante acquired Alliant 2 Prime Enterprise Information Services, broadening their Federal Civilian Portfolio and adding access to Alliant 2, while also recently securing a Prime position on the GSA OASIS Unrestricted IDIQ.
- Cognosante also jumped into the VA T4NG game in a big way in late 2016, when they Acquired T4NG Prime awardee, Business Information Technology Solutions (BITS) as a move to expand their Military and Veterans Health IT Business. Details here.
- Led by CEO, Michele Kang, recently named to the 2021 FedHealthIT100, Cognosante was named one of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.