G2X TAKE: Cognosante, armed with nearly three decades of experience providing technology solution and business process outsourcing to Government health agencies, recently added a 5-year single award BPA to provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) to the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), the largest integrated health care system in the US, where they will support and facilitate VHA’s transformation to become an HRO. This contract was competed full and open using the GSA Professional Services Schedule (PSS), drawing 4 other bidders.
The scope of this work will include performance of on-site assessment diagnostics, direct provision of training and support of national HRO training initiatives, analysis of outcomes, recommended implementation plans, execution of implementation plans, recommended sustainment plans, and execution of sustainment activities. More Here.
- The Cognosante team has had a number of significant and recent Prime wins in support of VA, to include adding a $149M VA Community Care Referrals and Authorizations support task and a $53M VA Time and Attendance System (VATAS) O&M task.
- Cognosante jumped into the VA game in a big way in late 2016, when they acquired T4NG Prime awardee, Business Information Technology Solutions (BITS) as a move to expand their Military and Veterans Health IT Business. Details Here.
- Cognosante has been very busy bolstering their executive leadership team of late, to include recruiting James Gordon to serve as President, a new position for the Company; adding Douglas Neff earlier this year as their new CIO; recruiting business transformation leader Chad Thyes as a VP & General Manager; and adding former VA Deputy Portfolio Director, Joe Nay, last Fall. Joe joined former DoD/VA Interagency Program Office and VA Technical Acquisition Center lead, Steve Schliesman, the current Vice President & General Manager for Military & Veterans Health at Cognosante.
- Led by CEO, Michele Kang, Cognosante was rated as one of the Federal Health consulting firms creating a BUZZ.
- Article: PatientSafety.VA.gov – VHA’s HRO journey officially begins – VHA’s journey to become an enterprise-wide High Reliability Organization (HRO) kicked-off in February at the HRO Leadership Summit. Read the full article here.