“Ciox Health, a leading health technology company, today has named Shannon West as Chief Innovation Officer. In this newly created position, West will help further Ciox’s growth with innovative new technologies, solutions and business models. In 2021 and beyond, Ciox is dedicated to accelerating its pace of innovation in making Ciox’s vision possible, to power every health decision with the right data at the right time in the right format. In her work as Chief Innovation Officer, West will lead digital interoperability efforts, informed by her deep experience in innovation and policy.”
“Ciox’s success over the last few years in building the largest and most efficient clinical data platform for our Provider, Payer and Life Science partners has afforded us the opportunity to aggressively leverage emerging regulations and technology to lead the industry in delivering fluid, connected and compliant data to patients and the broader health care ecosystem,” said Pete McCabe, CEO, Ciox Health. “We are pleased to welcome Shannon West to lead these efforts and further secure Ciox’s place as an industry visionary in empowering greater health…”
Source: Shannon West Joins Ciox Health as Chief Innovation Officer, April 6, 2021. Ciox.
G2X TAKE: Looking to leverage Shannon (Sartin) West’s experience as the first Chief Technology Officer at the CMS Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, where she led a team focused on improving the experience for payment model teams and model participants, and prior USDS experience launching a series of standards-based APIs, leading projects to modernize the CMS claims processing systems and delivering the Quality Payment Program, Ciox adds a Chief Innovation Officer.
In announcing the move Shannon posted: “Last week marked the end of my time at CMS and the Innovation Center. I am so humbled by the amazing civil servants I worked with, the mission of CMS, and the power of technology to restore our collective faith in government institutions. I have no doubt I will be back in some role in Government in the future.”
“For now, I am thrilled to announce that I joined the phenomenal leadership team at Ciox Health and will continue working on health data interoperability and innovation!” See the post here.
Prior roles include:
- Chief Technology Officer, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Senior Advisor for Technology – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Executive Director, Healthcare Team – United States Digital Service
- Shannon was recognized among the 2020 FedHealthIT100 and the 2021 FedHealthIT100, a list of those individuals recognized for driving change and advancement in the Federal Health Information Technology and Consulting Market. She was also recognized in 2020 as being among the Change Agent Awardees disrupting the Federal landscape.
- This is the latest in a series of strategic hires for Ciox who also recently added Nick Giannasi as its Chief Product Officer, another newly created role. Nick brings a proven track record of growing data businesses through product development and delivering outstanding product strategy. Ciox also recently added Tal Rosenberg as President, Real World Data (RWD).
- Last summer Ciox announced its acquisition of San Francisco-based biomedical Natural Language Processing (biomed-NLP) technology company, Medal, Inc., a leader in the application of AI techniques to the interrogation of unstructured medical record data, a move intended to accelerate its capabilities to enable real-world data (RWD) in support of research that advances patient care.