G2X TAKE: Global consulting and advisory services firm Deloitte was recently awarded a new 2-year contract with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to support this national initiative led by CMS to prevent one million heart attacks and strokes. The contract, valued at $8.3M, was awarded using the GSA Professional Services Schedule (PSS), drawing no other bids.
- Deloitte is a known incumbent on this effort, with prior experience supporting the Collaborative learning system for the Million Hearts Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Reduction Model.
- The Million Hearts® CVD Risk Reduction Model supports prevention of CVD, improved health outcomes, and health care cost savings through systematic implementation of beneficiary risk calculation and stratification. It will provide incentives for organizations to calculate risk for all eligible Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries by using a modified version of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) ASCVD ten-year pooled cohort risk calculator to develop risk modification plans based on beneficiary risk profiles. More here.
- CMS continues to lean heavily on Deloitte, as evidenced by the more than 1/2 Billion Dollars in new tasks the Agency awarded to Deloitte in 2019 to include a $52M Program Integrity Modeling and Analytic Support Contract; a $27M CPC+ Payer Convener Award; and a $400M task to provide support for the Federally Facilitated Exchange.
- Adding to their growing list of Prime contract vehicle options at CMS, Deloitte was one of 20 awarded a Prime role on the $5 Billion CMS Research, Measurement, Assessment, Design, & Analysis (RMADA) 2 IDIQ this past Fall, and they picked up a Prime role on the $25B CMS Network of Quality Improvement and Innovation Contractors (NQIIC) IDIQ award early last year.
- Deloitte announced late in 2019 that they had partnered with AWS to Address Healthcare Data Challenges.
- Deloitte was recently named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
Included below is a snapshot of Prime obligations for Deloitte at CMS by NAICS code.