G2X TAKE: Oddball, an SDVOSB design and development agency focused on transforming Government digital services, just beat out four other bidders to be awarded 5-year Common Working File (CWF) Operations and Modernization contract with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This contract was competed and awarded using GSA IT-70 and is valued at $65M.
- The CWF system is a significant component of the Medicare claims processing function within CMS, and the Government is looking to develop a framework for incrementally modernizing the current Medicare FFS shared systems. Source: Oddball.
- Objectives of the contract include: Increase, over the period of performance, the use of modern practices, to include Agile, software development methods, processes, and principles; Increase, over the period of performance, the use of modern technology, to include Cloud-based solutions… See more here.
- Earlier this year Oddball beat out three other bidders to win a $21M 5-year Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services contract to support the Easy Access to Systems Information (EASi) application. This award built on a 2020 $15M 3-year CMS Medicare Authenticated Experience (MAX) Contract, further adding to Oddball’s direct past experience providing support to CMS on such programs as Healthcare.gov for which they built APIs to power these consumer-facing applications, as well as modern tooling that includes scripted, automated deployment processes and authentication service for unified login across CMS. More here.
- From a strategic perspective, Oddball recruited Jason Cullum, a well-known CMS industry leader and FedHealthIT100 Hall of Fame Honoree, to serve as a new Vice President of Federal Health IT in 2020. In 2021, Oddball added Vince Goldsmith, a well known and respected Capture Manager to focus on Federal Health growth.
- Led by CEO Travis Sorensen and CTO Rob Wilkinson, Oddball is one of 16 initial agile digital services firms that came together in 2019 to form the Digital Services Coalition to bring innovation and agility to Government IT contracting. More here.
- Travis Sorensen was recognized early last year as one of 36 Change Agent Awardees who are disrupting the Federal landscape.
- Oddball was named one of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2021 and for years to come.
Award ID 75FCMC22F0006
Ref IDV GS35F666GA