G2X TAKE: Bellese, a small business human-centered service design company who works with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, supporting price transparency, Medicare payment system modernization, and quality of care initiatives, just beat out one other bidder to be awarded a 4-year task. Work under the task aims to utilize the agile development process and provide support to maintain operations and maintenance while providing new enhancements, the addition of functionality, integrations and improvements of all HQR systems. This task, valued at $55M was competed and awarded as a small business set-aside using the Agile Delivery to Execute Legislative Endeavors for Quality Related Initiatives (ADELE-QRI) BPA.
- Bellese is a known incumbent on this effort. This time last year the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that the company had been awarded a 12-month extension for its Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) contract. “Under the direction of the Center for Clinical Standards and Quality (CCSQ) and the Information Systems Group (ISG), Bellese’s work continues to evolve from 2017 when it originally won the work. While the initial focus was to make HQR more efficient, they took a human-centered approach to modernization to ensure they addressed the various user needs from start to finish.” Source: Bellese. More here.
- In announcing the new award, Bellese noted: “The modernization of HQR is part of a larger CMS initiative called Patients over Paperwork. This initiative seeks to increase efficiencies, improve the end-user experience for end-users, and lower the overall provider burden.” See the full release here.
- Led by CEO & Partner Pam Offutt; Partner John duClos; and Vice President for Client Relations and Growth Strategy, Shelley Gold, Bellese Technologies has seen considerable success in support of CMS over the past decade, growing from a subcontractor on the Consolidated Renal Operations in a Web-Based Network (CROWN) Program, to providing support for a range of CMS Programs and initiatives, to include support for the Medicare Cost Estimator and Modern Payment System and Physician Quality Reporting System and Hospital Quality Reporting.
- In addition to GSA IT-70, Bellese serves as Prime partner to CMS on the multiple-award Medicare Payment Systems Modernization (MPSM) BPA and ADELE-QRI BPA.
- Bellese was recently recognized once again as a “Best Place to Work” by the Baltimore Sun and they were named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.