G2X TAKE: Beating out one other bidder Cognosante, a leading provider of health IT solutions, business process outsourcing services and consulting, has been awarded a 5-year Enrollment Resolution & Reconciliation, Form 1095-A data reporting contract with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The contract, valued at $200M, was competed using GSA MAS.
- Form 1095-A provides consumers with information about their health coverage during the prior year so they can file their federal income taxes, reconcile any advance payments of the premium tax credit (APTC) received, and claim the premium tax credit (PTC).
- Cognosante’s recent past performance with CMS includes the award of a 3-year $14.4M contract to provide Operational Oversight and Monitoring Support for the CMS State Health Insurance Exchange initiative and a 3-year $40M Cloud Navigator Support contract.
- Cognosante was busy building out its leadership team during 2021 to include adding industry veteran Mark Rahnama as VP; recruiting experienced Federal Health growth lead Faye Farah to be VP of Business Development; bringing back Julie Crouse to be VP of Technology Operations; adding Seasoned GovCon Executive, Steve Hamric as Chief Financial Officer; adding Yolanda Curtis with her extensive experience understanding customer needs and leading teams in the design and implementation of innovative solutions; naming Kevin Mostek as the new Head of Mergers & Acquisitions; and tapping Laura Starego as Vice President, Capture and Proposals.
- Cognosante also added reach during 2021 novating a Prime CIO-SP3 contract previously held by Engility, who was acquired by SAIC in 2019, with Cognosante taking over as the named Prime contract holder. More on that here.
- Cognosante recently posted a job opening seeking a candidate with Medicaid experience to support a “large, complex health insurance processing and support contract. Under this five-year contract, Cognosante will provide contact center services supporting inbound and outbound communications via several channels (e.g., phone, chat, mail, etc.), document receipt and processing, mail fulfillment, and systems integration work (e.g., operation and maintenance of integrated voice response, workflow management, document management, customer relationship management, and knowledge management systems).”
- Led by CEO Michele Kang, President James Gordon, and EVO and CTO Erick Peters, Cognosante was named one of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- Michele Kang was recently named to the 2022 FedHealthIT100 Hall of Fame, having been a multi-year FedHealthIT100 honoree in recognition of her impact and leadership in the Federal health industry.
RFP ID: RFQ 210499
Award ID: 75FCMC22F0005
Referenced IDV ID: 47QTCA19D00AJ