G2X TAKE: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently awarded a new 3-year Web Services and Digital Media Communications support task to fulfill ongoing requirements for the CDC and its National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD).
This award went to Northrop Grumman, whose integrated mission support and IT solutions business unit was acquired on February 1 by Peraton. The Northrop team, a major partner to the CDC, can lay claim to a 20-year history of helping CDC and HHS respond quickly and effectively to major public health events. This task was competed and awarded using CIO-SP3, drawing three bids.
- The news of the recent finalization of the acquisition by Peraton of Northrop’s integrated mission support and IT solutions business unit comes on the heels of a separate huge announcement that Perspecta has agreed to be acquired. Once finalized Perspecta will become part of the combined Peraton/Northrop entity, with this group poised to become a true Federal IT consulting firm behemoth and quite possibly the largest Federal Information Technology contractor, according to Bloomberg. More here.
- Earlier this month Peraton detailed how, post acquisition of Northrop Grumman, they have aligned the company around four business sectors and appointed five new members to its executive leadership team, to include how some of the Northrop Civil and Health leaders fit in. More here.
- In typical fashion, the Northrop Grumman team received a large number of significant task wins in 2020 in support of the CDC, to include $37M in CDC Web Services and IT Digital Media Services tasks; a 5-year CDC OCOO Digital & Web Media Management contract; a CDC NCIPC Partners Portal Enhancement and Data Visualization task; an $11M CDC Informatics and Information Resource Office (IIRO) Support and Services task; a $26M NCEZID IT Products support task; and a CDC IMATS IT Support Services task.
- The Northrop Grumman team was one of the companies selected as a Prime awardee on the new HHS Intelligence Automation/Artificial Intelligence (IAAI) IDIQ Read more here.
- With the CDC CIMS IDIQ dying out, it is important to note where the Center is competing its requirements and to date we are seeing the Agency leverage a wide range of contract vehicles, with companies such as Peraton, that have access to nearly every key IDIQ, in good position to benefit.
- Northrop Grumman was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.