G2X TAKE: Continuing its winning ways, GDIT, a major Federal Health player and longtime partner to CDC, who specializes in helping agencies to address new challenges and identify opportunities through the application of technology and services, recently beat out one other bidder to be awarded an 18-month Acquisition Management System support task with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The task, valued at $8M, was competed and awarded using GSA Alliant 2.
- According to a recent job description posted to the GDIT site, a focus for this requirement will be to support CDC Office of Financial Resources (OFR) efforts “to implement an Acquisition Management System (AMS). GDIT will acquire, configure, implement, and provide go-live support, providing a low-code commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution. To implement the AMS, the overall team will be engaged in all aspects of the deployment from requirements gathering, architectural design, software configuration and development, testing, implementation and deployment support, change management, training, data migration, data management, and post go-live support.”
- This award builds on a string of significant wins for the GDIT CDC account capture team, led by Joe Durbin, Senior Program Director and Sumesh Sundareswaran, CDC Account Director, in the past year or so. These include adding a COVID-19 Epidemiology Task Force Pandemic Response task award; a $24M NCHHSTP Informatics Technical Support task; a 5-year EOC On-site Support task; a 2-year Cloud Consultancy task; being named as Prime on a $90M National Center for Health Statistics Electronic Data Collection Support BPA; picking up a $21M Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System task; and being awarded a Prime position on a $100M BPA to provide a broad range of Professional Support Services to the CDC CPR Program.
- Led by Federal Health Sector Vice President & General Manager, Kamal Narang, GDIT was recently identified on the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come (More here) and they were one of the firms recently named to Forbes’ Best Management Consulting Firms 2020.
- This recent article by Milad Bahrami, Vice President of HHS Operations at General Dynamics Information Technology shares Three Key Takeaways to Work Smarter and Deliver on Critical Health Missions.
- We should note that GDIT has a current opening for a Business Development Director to support CDC. More here.