G2X TAKE: GDIT, a major Federal Health player and long-term partner to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been awarded a new 4-year task to support the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS) Base System (NBS), which supports public health jurisdictions. The task, valued at $16M, was awarded using CIO-SP3 drawing one bid.
- NEDSS is a CDC-developed integrated information system that helps local, state, and territorial public health departments manage reportable disease data and send notifiable disease data to CDC. Read more here.
- Since 2014, CSRA (now GDIT) has supported CDC in implementing the NBS to better manage and enhance the large number of current surveillance systems. NEDSS is a broad and comprehensive set of disease surveillance standards, including data, messaging, and vocabulary standards. See more here.
- This award builds on a string of recent wins to include a number of awards for GDIT with the CDC over the past few months alone to include $18M in COTS System and NCIRD System Support tasks and $24M in CSPO SOC and Program Management Support Services wins.
- GDIT has continued to build out its leadership team to include adding Jylinda Johnson as Sector Vice President and General Manager – Government Operations, Commerce and Global Citizen Service; recruiting recent CMS data lead Greg McGuigan to be Senior Technical Director of Innovation for Healthcare; bringing back Rex Osborn as Principal Solutions Architect Healthcare IT; recruiting Michelle Berk for Senior Capture Manager; and recruiting Jason Windsor as Vice President for Health IT.
- Led by Federal Health Sector Vice President & General Manager, Kamal Narang, GDIT was identified on the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come (More here) and they were one of the firms named to Forbes’ Best Management Consulting Firms 2020.
- We should note that Kamal was named to the list of 2022 FedHealthIT Hall of Fame Inductees and Jason and Vice President Sumesh Sundareswaran were named to the 2022 FedHealthIT100. Both awards recognize individuals for driving change and advancement in the Federal Health Information Technology and Consulting Market.
- FedHealthIT/MileMarker10 sat down with Kamal Narang not long ago, to discuss aligning with the customer mission, the importance of innovation within Federal contracts and a different perspective on small and large business collaboration. Read the article here.
RFP ID: 75D301-22-R-72095
Award ID: 75D30122F13102
Referenced IDV ID: HHSN316201200023W