“Booz Allen Hamilton announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Liberty IT Solutions, LLC, a leading information technology and services firm, for $725 million. The acquisition will broaden and deepen Booz Allen’s digital solutions capabilities, expand its talent base and service delivery models, and strengthen its ability to work with strategic industry partners to help clients adapt and transform.”
“As the government pushes to accelerate the modernization of IT systems to increase efficiencies and improve outcomes, this acquisition will strengthen our ability to meet their critical needs.”
“Liberty is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with a national presence including Exton, PA and a dedicated Agile Center of Excellence in Melbourne, FL. The company is a leading digital partner driving transformation across the federal IT ecosystem and employs approximately 600 solution architects, engineers, and other technical staff.”
“This acquisition supports our long-term strategy to drive continued growth by investing in innovative technologies and talent at scale,” said Horacio Rozanski, President and Chief Executive Officer of Booz Allen. “The addition of Liberty strengthens our unique market position as a leader in digital transformation, accelerates already robust growth in our health business and beyond, and delivers value for our people, our clients, and our shareholders.”
“The combination of Booz Allen’s and Liberty’s people and capabilities will give clients access to a deeper range of advanced, scalable technology solutions and deep digital expertise. This will create a powerful digital transformation portfolio, including:
- End-to-End Digital Solutions: Liberty is a leading digital modernization organization that brings industry-recognized leadership in API development, as well as the implementation of cloud and Low Code / No Code (LCNC) solutions. Its successful IT modernization track record has quickly established Liberty as a top-tier provider of solutions in the federal space. Liberty will enhance Booz Allen’s ability to deliver end-to-end digital solutions for client—blending leading technologies and practices in smart cloud strategies, secure architecture, API-first design, Agile development, DevSecOps, human-centered design, and change management to drive technology adoption and deliver rapid and reliable value across a variety of markets.
- Expanded Salesforce Capabilities: Booz Allen clients will have access to a broader suite of digital transformation and strategic Salesforce capabilities through more channels. Liberty is recognized as a Salesforce Navigator Expert for its demonstrated thought leadership in the Public Sector category, as well as proven delivery on the largest and most complex projects while achieving the highest standards of customer success. Its portfolio includes 70+ successful Salesforce projects and production scale implementations; 140+ Salesforce architects, administrators, managers, and developers; and 340+ Salesforce certifications…”
Source: Booz Allen Hamilton Enters into Agreement to Acquire Liberty IT Solutions, LLC, Expanding Digital Transformation Leadership for Federal Civilian Agencies, May 4, 2021. Business Wire.
G2X TAKE: Global technology and management consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton, who serves as one of the primary business and technology partners to the Department of Veterans Affairs, has announced its intent to acquire Liberty IT, a T4NG Prime that supports multiple Government agencies across a diverse portfolio of Health IT projects, and who also serves as a major partner to Veterans Affairs, including as a key Cerner partner, in a move to expand Digital Transformation Leadership for Federal Civilian Agencies.
- Liberty IT is a significant partner to VA including through an award earlier this year of a $974M VA Product and Technology Ecosystem Management Services task. This award came a year after this group was awarded a huge $380M VA API Development and Operations Support task; and it builds on a number of recent wins, to include an $18M Debt Management Center support task; a VA Standards and Terminology Sustainment task win; and a series of wins this group added late in 2019 totaling $700M.
- Liberty IT solutions, who was identified by Cerner as one of their key partners for the $10B VA EHR Modernization initiative, recently added Microsoft veteran Scott Thompson to be its VP of Cloud Strategy and Consulting and Eddie Urso was promoted to serve as Vice President for VA Accounts. Other notable additions to the team include Federal Health Industry Leader Sam Strulson who joined the company in late 2018 to serve as a VP for Growth and Strategic Initiatives; and former Cerner Executive Joe Branson who was recruited late in 2019 to be VP of Product Strategy and Partner Relations.
- Led by President and CEO Bill Greene, Liberty IT, easily one of the most successful T4NG Primes and one of the fastest growing SDVOB health IT consultancies of this decade, was named to the list of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.
- Led by Senior Vice President, Charles De Sanno, a former SES at VA who ran engineering and operations for the last ten years of his career there and actually created OIT through the reorganization of IT in 2006, Booz Allen continues to have its own astounding success at VA to include a recent $92M VA Logistics Redesign (VALOR) Program Support Services contract; a $77M ITWD Support task; a $53M OIS Assessment and Authorization and Compliance Support task; and a $1B IT Operations and Services (ITOPS) Transformation Support Task award.
- Booz Allen Hamilton was also named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come and this US Veterans Magazine Article recently identified Booz Allen Hamilton as one of the Companies Who Love To Hire Veterans.