G2X TAKE: Booz Allen Hamilton, a consultancy that has been at the forefront of strategy and technology for more than 100 years, recently beat out four other bidders to be awarded a new 3-year task to provide IIS support services to CDC. The task, valued at $12M, was competed and awarded using GSA Alliant 2.
- This work builds on Booz Allen’s extensive set of past experience in direct support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID), ranging from providing Informatics Support Services and maintaining all websites under NCEZID, to leading training initiatives for approximately 90+ CDC NCEZID laboratories and delivering an educational programs to support enterprise and specific laboratory needs for a laboratory management system.
- Booz Allen Hamilton continues to be a major partner across CDC. The team picked up several wins to close out 2019, to include adding a Prime position on a new $100M Blanket Purchase Agreement to provide a broad range of Professional Support Services to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention under the CPR program; adding a CDC DCIPHER Management and Support Services contract; and picking up a task to support CDC Management Information Systems Office (MISO) POA 7 Customer DM&E Projects.
- Immunization information systems (IISs) are confidential, population-based, computerized databases that record all immunization doses administered by participating providers to persons residing within a given geopolitical area. (Source: CDC) More here.
- Summit Sampat, a longtime Booz Allen leader at CDC who can bring perspective gained leading multiple cross-functional teams of over 100 staff members to develop IT and Informatics solutions to advance the public health mission at CDC, was recently promoted to serve as a Principal/Director.
- Booz Allen was recently named one of the NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.