G2X TAKE: A number of technology and modernization leaders are taking on new roles in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs’ Mission in 2021. A handful of the recent moves we have noted are included below:
- Ray Baca is now serving as Director for iFAMS IT Product Management within VA, where he will oversee the interface development, architecture, and infrastructure to support the Integrated Financial Management and Acquisitions System (iFAMS) wave delivery, as well as continues to lead the iFAMS operations and maintenance (O&M) team.
- Elizabeth Feszczenko, armed with recent perspective gained leading technology solutions delivery for VA’s Financial Management Business Transformation, and prior experience within industry overseeing customer operations support and analysis for a $75M line of business with over 1,000 hospital and Government clients, takes on a new challenge as Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Management Business Transformation Systems within Veterans Affairs.
- Robert Schmidt has taken on a new challenge as Senior Advisor/Senior Development, Security, and Operations (DevSecOps) Program Manager at VA where he will serve as a senior advisor and SME on OIT products and services, change management, customer experience, costs, budgets, escalation procedures, and fulfillment processes for DevSecOps business functions.
- Darin Callahan, armed with over 14 years of Project/Program Portfolio Management, including 10 years of Agile Project Management in a broad range of healthcare administration and medical logistics activities, recently moved over from the Naval Medical Logistics Command to serve as Acting Executive Director for the VA Logistic Redesign Program Office.
- Bob Cunningham, a Senior IT Executive who joined VA in 2019 from industry, bringing with him experience overseeing all operations and delivery for VA Enterprise Service Desk Managed Services contract, was recently promoted to Deputy Executive Director.
- Niriksha Patel was recently promoted to serve as a Director driving Community Care within the Office of Information & Technology at VA. In this role, she leads information technology transformation supporting the VA Office Community Care in Product Development Lifecycle, DevSecOps and Scaled Agile.
- Justin Roberts brings his experience with VA leading modernization and process improvement and business process integration to his new role as Assistant Director leading Strategic Initiatives at the Veterans Benefits Administration Office of Strategic Initiatives and Collaboration (OSIC).
Did you make a change recently? or know someone who did? Drop us a note at email@example.com